Feyenoord v City pre-match thread

Feyenoord v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you have missed the team news for the last 60 games Karen , if you don't believe there will be 4 or 5 changes.
Rotatation and keeping players at peak physical condition is vital.

I am not sure what level of football you played, but could you manage 65 games a season.

Im hearing a lot of don't play the second team or reserves.

Pep doesn't play like that. Bernardo Silva is not a back up neither is Sane, Sterling, or Gundogan.

Fact is we have a squad of top quality first team players that will share game time in our quest for multiple trophies.

David Silva should be rested for Bernardo Silva who needs minutes. Sterling is very fresh and needs to start. Sane came off the bench and scored two goals and didn't play for Germany, he must start as well. De bruyne might start but there's also an argument to rest him because he played 90 min vs Pool, and 2 full matches for Belgium. I would give Gundogan a start and sub him off for De bruyne around 60 min in.

We have world class internationals sitting on the bench!!!

Let's not call them reserves and back ups. That title is reserved for the likes of Delph, Nolito, Navas, etc.

Exactly kid. I cannot understand why some can't understand.

Think you have missed the team news for the last 60 games Karen , if you don't believe there will be 4 or 5 changes.

I am not sure what level of football you played, but could you manage 65 games a season.
People are talking about resting players,no-one should need resting already,pep likes to pick the players game by game to get the job done,resting implies they are tired smart arse

People are talking about resting players,no-one should need resting already,pep likes to pick the players game by game to get the job done,resting implies they are tired smart arse

Players have also been travelling around the world. Some like Otamendi have played 3 games in a week and travelled to South America and back.
Stupid of you to say that he doesn't need a rest before the Watford game.

For a club that has arguably one of the worst injury record in recent years and have paid the price for it on numerous occasions talk of resting players makes sense

Have we had a game this season where there's been 4 or 5 changes?

Why are we resting anyone it's only early sept? play the best team always
Driving fast with your tank on full uses more fuel just the same as driving fast with the tank half full.

The reason United fell apart last season was the same team being played from August to Feb.

We have a 'second' set of forwards that would think themselves equal to the the first lot (Sane, Sterling, B.Silva) and decent back up midfield (Toure, Gundogan)

Im hearing a lot of don't play the second team or reserves.

Pep doesn't play like that. Bernardo Silva is not a back up neither is Sane, Sterling, or Gundogan.

Fact is we have a squad of top quality first team players that will share game time in our quest for multiple trophies.

David Silva should be rested for Bernardo Silva who needs minutes. Sterling is very fresh and needs to start. Sane came off the bench and scored two goals and didn't play for Germany, he must start as well. De bruyne might start but there's also an argument to rest him because he played 90 min vs Pool, and 2 full matches for Belgium. I would give Gundogan a start and sub him off for De bruyne around 60 min in.

We have world class internationals sitting on the bench!!!

Let's not call them reserves and back ups. That title is reserved for the likes of Delph, Nolito, Navas, etc.
Fanstastic post.

There's no such thing as a first 11 won't this squad.

For a club that has arguably one of the worst injury record in recent years and have paid the price for it on numerous occasions talk of resting players makes sense
Resting implies they are tired already is my point,they are fit athletes,now saying rotation to keep them in peak form is different,pep heavily rotates as he picks the players game by game and the ones he thinks will suit the game,that of course is sensible

Driving fast with your tank on full uses more fuel just the same as driving fast with the tank half full.

The reason United fell apart last season was the same team being played from August to Feb.

We have a 'second' set of forwards that would think themselves equal to the the first lot (Sane, Sterling, B.Silva) and decent back up midfield (Toure, Gundogan)
Best team is the one to get the job done not necessarily the same players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.