Feyenoord v City pre-match thread

Feyenoord v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Champions League and a must win game, so we have to take it seriously. As much as I'd like to see Foden or Brahim get a start it's just not appropriate until we have qualification almost guaranteed.

Bravo
Walker Otamendi Stones Mendy
Fernandinho
Sterling De Bruyne Bernardo Sane
Aguero

Bring Jesus on for 30 mins and potentially a youngster if we're comfortable in last 20.

I always want to see us do well and it's my dream to see us win this competition, but a small part of me would find it funny if we went out at the group stage this year after seeing all these comments thinking it's a walk over group and we should play the kids etc. People saying to play the second string or the kids, or even people saying to only play the kids when we've qualified with a game to spare... This is the most elite club comp in world football, that has always been our priority to win... It will never be easy as every club in the competition are born winners that win every week and know how to win against anyone

We will play our best 11 depending on form, freshness and injuries, rightly, in every match were a part of

How can anyone leave Aguero out of their team?

We need our strongest team out and anyone who thinks Aguero wouldn't;t be part of our strongest team is mental

1-0 will do me.

I think a decent statement of intent would do us a world of good, cement in that confidence from the Liverpool game.

We have a nice run in this group with (theoretically) the easiest team week 1, second easiest week 2 (at home) and then the big double header games vs. Napoli we play at home first.

3 wins in the first 3 matches should be what Pep should be targeting/expecting and it'd get us 90% of the way to the Last-16 top of the group by mid-October.

Wednesday is also the first of 5 "winnable" games that could build us some real momentum, and I get the feeling once this squad gets going we'll be hard to stop.

I reckon we beat these guys, we beat Shaktar at home and try and get a point in Naples, outscore Napoli at home, win the last two games, 16/18 points and we top the group, simples.

Except it won't be. Every game will probably be really hard. That said I often expect games to be difficult which we end up winning 4-0, 5-1, 3-0. So maybe I'm not the best judge of these things. At some point we will need one of Shaktar and Feyenoord to do us a huge favour and take points off of Napoli though.

At least we're not Tottenham. Real Madrid and Dortmund? They're fucked.

Also, Otamendi occasionally has a poor game against strong opposition with pacey wingers. 90% of the time he's superb. He starts this one for me, no question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.