Feyenoord v City pre-match thread

Feyenoord v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd have David Silva alongside KDB and Bernardo in for Sterling otherwise the same set-up. 433 would be my system of choice for most City games with the two full backs pushed up wherever possible

I'm not yet a fan of bernardo on the wings. He is great on the ball and I can see the thinking of him coming inside to allow for walker on the wings but I would prefer wingers who are as much a threat on the ball as they are without it and imo from what I've seen the only threat bernardo poses on the wing is when he's on the ball to create. He doesn't have the pace/movement to pose the threat in behind that sterling does and doesn't have the acceleration to get past defenders once he's beaten them one-on-one. I would rather play jesus on the right and bring aguero in before I would play bernardo on the wings. Don't get me wrong though I'm not in any way saying he's not good there or can't offer a threat there, I just think in Pep's current system a 4-3-3 system where two creative no8's operate through the middle is perfect for wingers like raheem, sane or jesus who are both threats on the ball with their dribbling as well as in behind with their pace and movement.

We've got a squad capable of winning everything but the season starts to become tough now so rotation and planning is needed

strongest team for champs league giving a rest for Aguero (or Jesus) and D Silva

Bravo
Walker Stones Otamendi Mendy
Fernandinho
Sterling B Silva KDB Sane
Jesus

Then at the weekend

Edison
Danilo Stones Otamendi Mendy
Yaya
Sterling KDB Gundogan D Silva
Aguero

The lack of a 2nd left back is causing concern in my opinion
So the midweek game would need to be 3 at the back to give Mendy a rest and try out a couple of youngsters

Bravo
Danilo Stones Otamendi
Yaya
Diaz B Silva D Silva Foden
Jesus Aguero

Maybe De bruyne should start and be subbed off. But don't think both him and Dave will start. Jesus was taking off early so I think he'll start, Sane deserves it. Aguero also but it would be better to rest Aguero and let Sterling play.

As for Otamendi, didn't really play well today. Mangala has to start at some point, think this would be a good game for him.
Mangala never has to start unless we are riddled with injuries. Otamendi will start over Mangala, all day everyday.

As much as so many pretend otherwise, they are not in the same league in terms of quality.

If you're having a beer, stay out of Mary D's, the beer tastes and smells like cattles business. Get your arse in The Corner shop, a decent pint and the landlady is a diamond. If you want to eat, go to the chippy round the corner because the fayre on offer at the ground is over priced crap! And you'll be queuing for an age. Glad to be of assistance. ;-)
Thanks for your info, mate!

Strongest possible team. Three points away is the kind of excellent start needed if we have hopes of winning the group. One thing is certain, do not lose! Feyenoord know they have to win their home games if they want to proceed in the competition, so we have to be mindful. This is the Champins League...there are no shit teams! Everyone is capable of winning any game!

Whether you rest them or rotate them the point is to try to keep your important players fit for as long as you can and that's the point which various posters have made in this thread. Its not about players being tired necessarily its just to minimize the risk of injury. Moreover when you are blessed with the squad like we are, we can afford to rest or rotate players and still get the job done.

I tend to think of "resting" players in the context of replacing David Silva with Delph or Navas. Replacing David Silva with Bernardo is a completely different kettle of fish.

Tough game this one think it will end up a draw but as long as we win the home games that's fine.

Start off as we mean to go on, going for a win to kick start the campaign. The boys will be buzzing after dispatching liverpool at the weekend, with the likes of Jesus and Sane boyed especially.

Not going to say it will be easy, will take a 2-1 win to get us going. Just seen as well that Feyenoord are 4-0 in their own league and top of the pile, with an average of 3 goals per game and conceding just 3 over those 4 games.

As someone has rightly pointed out, they will know they have to win all home games to be in the mix of qualifying out the group. Need to treat them with respect but at the same time wear them down with our possession and be as ruthless in front of goal as we were on Saturday just gone

Come on CITY

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.