FIFA acknowledges problems with Jabulani ball

That FIFA were suggesting that those teams having difficulty with the ball were the ones who hadn't practised with it, tells me that there must be some inherent and different quality(ies) within the ball. Why should professional footballers who have been kicking a ball for donkey's years suddenly have to 'practise' if the ball is the same as the last one they kicked. More fiffing fuffa nonsense.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
That FIFA were suggesting that those teams having difficulty with the ball were the ones who hadn't practised with it, tells me that there must be some inherent and different quality(ies) within the ball. Why should professional footballers who have been kicking a ball for donkey's years suddenly have to 'practise' if the ball is the same as the last one they kicked. More fiffing fuffa nonsense.

You think the ball used in premier league have been there for long?

The qualities of big tournament balls are changed constantly to enhance aspects of the game, have been like that for "donkey´s years"..

why can't they just have a load of fevernovas (the german world cup ball i believe) made up with the jabulani colouring on it so fifa don't lose face. let the teams left in know what they're doing and ask them to stop the moaning. it is that simple.

S04 said:

The qualities of big tournament balls are changed constantly to enhance aspects of the game, have been like that for "donkey´s years"..

The manufacture of these balls makes them different to previous balls. Fifa and Adidas made great play over the fact that they were made with this thing and that thing, this way and that way. Oh, great, a brand new ball. Just wait a minute, why are so many ballooning over the bar, why are so many crosses being over-kicked. The pattern of play is markedly different to any other World Cup I have seen. I would like to see the shots to shots on target ratio. We might be markedly surprised at how many have gone astray.

The materials of footballs have changed markedly over the years but the qualities of the ball in flight only appear to have changed once - when they reduced the internal pressure which made the balls swerve so much - 15lbs/sq.in to 10lbs/sq.in. This Jabulani ball is another major departure from what the modern crop of pros have become accustomed to, and Fifa, as usual have poo pooed the idea that there is something 'wrong' with the ball. Nothing 'wrong' with the ball, but a lot DIFFERENT with the ball!

S04 said:

The manufacture of these balls makes them different to previous balls. Fifa and Adidas made great play over the fact that they were made with this thing and that thing, this way and that way. Oh, great, a brand new ball. Just wait a minute, why are so many ballooning over the bar, why are so many crosses being over-kicked. The pattern of play is markedly different to any other World Cup I have seen. I would like to see the shots to shots on target ratio. We might be markedly surprised at how many have gone astray.

The materials of footballs have changed markedly over the years but the qualities of the ball in flight only appear to have changed once - when they reduced the internal pressure which made the balls swerve so much - 15lbs/sq.in to 10lbs/sq.in. This Jabulani ball is another major departure from what the modern crop of pros have become accustomed to, and Fifa, as usual have poo pooed the idea that there is something 'wrong' with the ball. Nothing 'wrong' with the ball, but a lot DIFFERENT with the ball!

I think we should all poo poo the poo poo! don't you?

The only problem I can see is the world class players who cant kick or save it. :)

i play with the ball couple times a week. its very different to the premier league ball. hard to control. when a ball is played long to you, it doesnt come down when you expect it to. you go to control the ball bit cos of the flight of the thing, it still has a few more yards to travel. doesnt seem to want to come down. if you wanted to try a free kick like ronaldo, you'd need to be on the half way line before it comes down!! shite ball thats ruined the world cup

FIFA need to stop dicking about with the balls.

A football should be a football FFS. There shouldn't be a difference between the technology used by one manufacturer and the technology used by another.

If I had my way, they'd stop all this nonsense anyway and go back to the 2006 ball and make that the standard base technology for all future balls. But if they insist on continuing to create the "roundest ball ever" every four years, then FIFA should mandate Adidas to hand over its technology to all other manufacturers two years before each World Cup.

That way, every league gets two seasons using a similar ball whether they are sponsored by Umbro, Nike or Adidas.

You all miss a point I think, FIFA want to be able to change the ball to enhance certain aspects of the game..For example they once made the ball much easier to curve because free-kicks was considered worthless at that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.