FIFA U-20 World Cup

Absolute joke.....England are becoming the laughing stock of football, I mean come on Peter Taylor for fucks sake, no wonder the way we play is like it is, same with U21s

The quality is there, it's the fucking coaches and the whole system that needs an overhaul, starting at grass roots up, get someone in from Spain, Germany or Holland and start again with a new coaching format etc, Spain, France, Germany, and Holland have all done it at some point and that's what we need......start again and I don't mean with Glen Hoddle or fucking Gareth Southgate either, but someone who understands youth football and can overhaul the system from top to bottom

Played just like all the England teams at every level. Too narrow, poor ball control, awful passing and not a finisher amongst them.

That Harry Kane was truly dreadful.

Bring on the new season and lets see some real footballers - unfortunately not many of them are English.

LoveCity said:
Harry Kane is awful. Wasted so many chances.

Not a good game today from Kane, although he assisted in two goals and scored another during the tournament, so he was involved in all three of England's goals.

Alex Pritchard looked very lively during the second half.

The FArce should have grabbed Rene Meulensteen when he quit the filth, now he's off to be Hiddink's #2 it seems.

Del_Bosque said:
Did we not have 1 player in the u20 squad? I couldn't see any earlier

Nope... no wonder we're buying foreign at the older groups! Our younger groups (mostly English) are supposed to be very impressive, but I'll wait until they reach 17/18 and see if their pro contracts and big pay checks turn them into prima donnas like Wabara and co. before getting too excited.

Del_Bosque said:

The only Manchester City player out of the 504 involved in the U-20 World Cup Finals is Denis Suárez of Spain.

THFC6061 said:
Del_Bosque said:

The only Manchester City player out of the 504 involved in the U-20 World Cup Finals is Denis Suárez of Spain.

Don't Spurs have only two players in the competition, and they play for arguably one of the three or four worst teams?

An interesting statistic reveals that the last time an England U20 side won a match in the finals was in 1997 - sixteen years ago!!

Since that time we have played 16 matches that are broken down as:-

Won 0
Drawn 8
Lost 8

The latest pisspoor performances against the likes of Iraq, Egypt and similarly second rate footballing countries shows just how serious the situation has become.

Coach Peter Taylor blames the influx of foreign players. Complete bollox.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.