FIFA/UEFA Investigations

Course it can and will and it will be a great World Cup.

Billions have already been spent on it. There's not a cat in hells chance it will be changed.
The main problem, as I see it, will be the atmosphere at the games. I really can't see that many fans will travel there from overseas due to the expense and perceived limited facilities. I know alcohol restrictions will be lifted for the tournament but the perception (whether true or not) is that availability will be limited and it will be very expensive. I'm sure it will be very well organised but I think the crowds at the matches will consist mostly of people living in the Arabian peninsula rather than fans of the countries in the tournament.

In today's FT:
One month after Fifa’s 22-strong executive committee voted 14-8 in a secret ballot in Qatar’s favour, the Arab state announced that it had begun testing French Dassault Rafale fighter jets against rival aircraft for a fleet upgrade. In April 2015, Qatar bought 24 of the jets for $7bn, with an option to buy 12 more.
This provides a credible reason why Sarkozy told Platini to gather support for Qatar. My recollection is that the Eurofighter Typhoon was in poll position for this order at that time.

The main problem, as I see it, will be the atmosphere at the games. I really can't see that many fans will travel there from overseas due to the expense and perceived limited facilities. I know alcohol restrictions will be lifted for the tournament but the perception (whether true or not) is that availability will be limited and it will be very expensive. I'm sure it will be very well organised but I think the crowds at the matches will consist mostly of people living in the Arabian peninsula rather than fans of the countries in the tournament.
It's £450 return to fly to Qatar from the UK. Much cheaper than RSA or Brazil to be for mate. And seeing as 3/4 of the population is immigrants (such a myself), they could fill every England game even if no one else flew in.

This.

For that reason I reckon it will be the "Perfect" WC as in having stadiums full of happy clappers from corporates and very little real fan input. You'll probably only see that when Russia play. I hope someone has a sense of humour and lumps them with Ivory Coast, Nigeria or another African qualifier. FIFA would order the stadium Mics turned off.

I bet the Russians win it too....

I'm an England member,I've done plenty away games and most of the fans who attend them games are a hardcore set of fans(not me though).
I've noticed most of them are lower league club supporters,and some only attend England games,don't bother with their local clubs.
They will travel wherever at whatever cost,obviously I can't comment on other countries,but England will have plenty of support.
I don't know how they do it.

This.

For that reason I reckon it will be the "Perfect" WC as in having stadiums full of happy clappers from corporates and very little real fan input. You'll probably only see that when Russia play. I hope someone has a sense of humour and lumps them with Ivory Coast, Nigeria or another African qualifier. FIFA would order the stadium Mics turned off.

I bet the Russians win it too....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afro-Russian

Interesting.

Looks like they'll charge us with something else to distract then.

its clear that UEFA and FIFA are bent but I don't for 1 min think England and the FA are clean and the that's why if FIFA go down they will take everybody with them.when you hold all the cards its easy for them to do a deal and blow the lot of them out of the water. I can bet you if Germany are in this crap then euro 1996 in England will be looked at next and for the UEFA champions league we all know what you have to be to win that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.