FIFA/UEFA Investigations

Yea. Russia is a done deal unfortunately. They'll probably do a good job. But the 2022 one just cannot be allowed to stand.

Yea. Russia is a done deal unfortunately. They'll probably do a good job. But the 2022 one just cannot be allowed to stand.

The facilities will be great i reckon, but the russians themselves... Its really is a backwards shithole of a country. Hated the place when i was there.

Course it can and will and it will be a great World Cup.

Billions have already been spent on it. There's not a cat in hells chance it will be changed.

Course it can and will and it will be a great World Cup.

Billions have already been spent on it. There's not a cat in hells chance it will be changed.

It will go ahead but I doubt it'll be a great World Cup. A pretty shameful one given the amount of migrant worker blood soaked into the stadium foundations and the corrupt way it was obtained.

It will go ahead but I doubt it'll be a great World Cup. A pretty shameful one given the amount of migrant worker blood soaked into the stadium foundations and the corrupt way it was obtained.
Not a single worker has died on the stadium sites as none have actually been built.

But well done on believing one guardian article that was factually incorrect.

Damocles started a great thread on it to be honest.

An Indian migrant is more likely to die in the uk that Qatar on an annual basis.

Not a single worker has died on the stadium sites as none have actually been built.

But well done on believing one guardian article that was factually incorrect.

Damocles started a great thread on it to be honest.

An Indian migrant is more likely to die in the uk that Qatar on an annual basis.

'Stadium foundations' was rhetoric. The construction going on in Qatar is largely about building up the infrastructure to support the World Cup and more than 1200 workers have died. With thousands more to follow. The equivalent figure for the London Olympics (counting all construction deaths everywhere, even those not connected in any way to the Olympics, not just the one direct one) was 43.

'Stadium foundations' was rhetoric. The construction going on in Qatar is largely about building up the infrastructure to support the World Cup and more than 1200 workers have died. With thousands more to follow. The equivalent figure for the London Olympics (counting all construction deaths everywhere, even those not connected in any way to the Olympics, not just the one direct one) was 43.
Died of what? There are no figures for any dying on construction sites.

1,200 migrants have died since the bid, and they include all natural deaths, heart attacks and road accidents (the leading cause of death of immigrants in Qatar) and ALL migrants be they nannies, construction workers or policemen.

That's a lower death toll per 100,000 in Qatar than Nepalese and Indian migrants in the uk over the same time.

As I say, you've taken a badly researched article from the Guardian and run with it. I don't blame you, you're spoon fed what the uk media want you to read.

Here you go Steve if you're interested. I'm not looking for an argument but the figures in the media (in the uk) are woefully inaccurate.

http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/so-ive-been-looking-into-this-whole-qatar-thing.312970/

The facilities will be great i reckon, but the russians themselves... Its really is a backwards shithole of a country. Hated the place when i was there.
Russia isn't a backwards country. It's just not a country that has many features common with Europe. It's more asian orientated as I said in another thread. Politicians always say in Russia they want to make Russia into a "european" state. Unfortunately, their attitude to gay people, how corruption is there, etc, their country has a lot to go until it becomes "European".

It's wrong to say backwards because many countries in Asia are like Russia but it'd be wrong to call them backwards.

2026 World Cup bidding, on the other hand, needs a serious revamp. There's needs to be a complete observation from global institutions to ensure everything's corruption free.

There was a program on German Television:

That has nothing to do with the Guardian as far as I can tell.

Did you read the link above. The figures quoted in that programme by the ITUC are the same ones rubbished in the link.

There are no figures on deaths of construction sites and at the time of the report, no ground had been broken on the WC sites, the entire country is somewhat of a building site, they are building an entire city in the desert (Lusail) and the 1,200 deaths (against a work force of 1m from Nepal and India is a lower death rate than would be expected of that population of people in the UK.

Some of the housing is disgusting but these subcontractors are breaking the law and there are weekly articles are contractors being fined and axed for allowing such conditions out here. I am also sure a journalist could go around the UK and find similar conditions and extrapolate that for the whole of the U.K.

I'm just shocked that City fans, who know first hand of media bias against this part of the world, can be so easily suckered into believing everything that is written with regards to Qatar.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.