FIFA Women's WC France 2019

This was the only game I’ve really watched got to say there’s been a lot of hyperbole in the media. Obviously great for the women’s game to get exposure but let’s be honest the quality is poor

The BBC have marketed this competition to the hilt. The trailers before each match and between games have come straight out of Hollywood or off Madison Avenue. It's what the BBC do with the few sports they have left in their locker - and at the end of the day they are trying to flog you the clothes off the Emperor's back. Some of the teams who have played in this WC would have had a hard time against most of the teams in the FAWSL. I have watched a fair amount of this WC and have yet to hear any criticism from pundits relating to the poor quality on display in a fair few of the games. And occasionally demonstrated by the so-called 'better' teams.

The BBC have marketed this competition to the hilt. The trailers before each match and between games have come straight out of Hollywood or off Madison Avenue. It's what the BBC do with the few sports they have left in their locker - and at the end of the day they are trying to flog you the clothes off the Emperor's back. Some of the teams who have played in this WC would have had a hard time against most of the teams in the FAWSL. I have watched a fair amount of this WC and have yet to hear any criticism from pundits relating to the poor quality on display in a fair few of the games. And occasionally demonstrated by the so-called 'better' teams.
Added to that FIFA want to expand it to 32 teams...whilst 18-0 results are nice it's got the Rugby World Cup issues of after a few teams the rest are relatively crap compared to them.

Lifted off a forum over here, in response to What's er name's whinging about the discrepancies in prize money between the sexes;

2018 FIFA Men's World Cup Total Revenue = 6.10 billion Dollars
2018 FIFA Men's World Cup Prize money = 400 million Dollars
Proportion = 6.55%

2015 FIFA womens world Cup Total Revenue = 73 million Dollars
2015 FIFA womens world cup Prize money = 15 million Dollars
Proportion = 20.50%

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.