FIFA Women's World Cup 2023

Clever stuff from the Canada defender there. Made as big a deal as she could out of running into the back of the Australia striker so it would be called offside for interfering with play. Exposes how silly the rule is but players are getting wise to it. Like how Rashford would have been called offside for that "goal" at Old Trafford if Akanji had just pushed him over.

Canada have had a terrible tournament.They're much better than they have showed here but perhaps the off-field wrangling with their federation has had an effect.

Australia finally showing up to their own tournament and showing they can cope without their superstar. Good momentum for them going into the knockout stages especially if Kerr is fit enough to play a part. Thought Fowler had a great game as did their right winger who maybe City could look at using... (oh wait!).

England need to make sure they win their group to avoid playing the hosts.

@Dave Ewing's Back 'eader am I doing enough to keep this thread alive? ;-)

Come on Canada (& England)
Hey, Eccles, it seems that every team yer get behind is given a whipping. I'm gonna buy you an ST at Anfield 'n the Swamp. Hopefully one of 'em is at home whilst t'other's away!

And the thread is ok for another fortnight!

My ERO tells me the Ragettes in the England team are kicking off but the RDAHMeedya are suggesting it's a 'positive' thing! Don't know what they're kickin' off about - perhaps they're ain't too happy with Jean-Jacques Russo jumpin' ship!

Hey, Eccles, it seems that every team yer get behind is given a whipping. I'm gonna buy you an ST at Anfield 'n the Swamp. Hopefully one of 'em is at home whilst t'other's away!

And the thread is ok for another fortnight!

My ERO tells me the Ragettes in the England team are kicking off but the RDAHMeedya are suggesting it's a 'positive' thing! Don't know what they're kickin' off about - perhaps they're ain't too happy with Jean-Jacques Russo jumpin' ship!
Maybe I'd better not support England tomorrow then!! :-)
Poor old ragettes. Shame that they can't just concentrate on International football instead of their petty rivalry. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.