Fighting till the end

Stephenhakin

Note sure when we became a side with so much bottle and a determination to fight till the end but we are its a great feeling knowing that even when we are at deaths door we dont die.

Can anyone put a finger on when this first started? The game that stands out for me was the Norwich game away when we mullered them 1-6 at Carrow Road. I think that game took us to within 5 of the rags but they had a game in hand.

*During the Sheikhs time at the club.

Stephenhakin said:
Note sure when we became a side with so much bottle and a determination to fight till the end but we are its a great feeling knowing that even when we are at deaths door we dont die.

Can anyone put a finger on when this first started? The game that stands out for me was the Norwich game away when we mullered them 1-6 at Carrow Road. I think that game took us to within 5 of the rags but they had a game in hand.

Gillingham 1999?

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
Stephenhakin said:

Gillingham 1999?

Yes but I meant post sheikh. Plus we haven't always had this bottle and fight from then until now.

What are you on about?

We're just a team full of mercenaries and mercenaries don't fight till the end!

No passion in our squad at all.....

B4hwAXiIcAAGlMh.jpg

Stephenhakin said:

After Hughes was sacked - IIRC under Hughes we had a dreadful record of retrieving points from a losing position.

Vincents Tackle said:
What are you on about?

We're just a team full of mercenaries and mercenaries don't fight till the end!

No passion in our squad at all.....

B4hwAXiIcAAGlMh.jpg

The eyes done lie.

Stephenhakin said:

TOURIST! *spits*

Stephenhakin said:

I think the 2-3 defeat at home to the rags in the FA Cup is perhaps the earliest, clearest, example.

If you remember, we were 3-0 down at half time, had been down to ten men since the 13th minute (and the rags were up to 12). We were staring at humiliation. Then Kolarov whipped in a free kick, Aguero got his customary goal against them to make it 2-3, and even though they had been 3-0 up they were on the back foot for most of the second half. In the last few minutes Kolarov missed narrowly with another free kick and Big Pants went up for a corner and nearly scored.

When it was 11 v 10 at their place, we humiliated them. When it was 10 v 11 at our place, we came close to humiliating them again.

lancs blue said:
Stephenhakin said:

After Hughes was sacked - IIRC under Hughes we had a dreadful record of retrieving points from a losing position.

Yes. It's not even in games i mean. I don't think we ever got the praise for both title wins. 8 points down with 6 to play and then last year too. 2 points from the opening 4 champions league group against one of the best 3 sides in the world and a genuinely decent champions league side.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.