Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

He’s brilliant in the film to be fair. It’s heavy going, he plays an alcoholic with a death wish.

I know he’s become a parody of himself, but he’s very good in that film.
What films that mate?

I may have to check out a film that Nicolas Cage actually 'acts' in - next the deaf will hear and the blind will see...........

The last hour of the Irishman was tedious

It's far longer than it needs to be. He's essentially summarising what he's done during his whole career (Scorsese). The scene with De Niro, Pesci, Keitel is brilliant, though, the best thing in the entire three hours (or whatever it is). De Niro is like the boy who's been summoned to the headmaster's office. About half way through, he suddenly wakes up to the fact that the headmaster is considering whether to cane him. Pesci, the head prefect, looks on, says nothing, but conveys everything.

It's far longer than it needs to be. He's essentially summarising what he's done during his whole career (Scorsese). The scene with De Niro, Pesci, Keitel is brilliant, though, the best thing in the entire three hours (or whatever it is). De Niro is like the boy who's been summoned to the headmaster's office. About half way through, he suddenly wakes up to the fact that the headmaster is considering whether to cane him. Pesci, the head prefect, looks on, says nothing, but conveys everything.

Yes, I though the first 2 hours plus were great.

What films that mate?

I may have to check out a film that Nicolas Cage actually 'acts' in - next the deaf will hear and the blind will see...........

I kind of understand what you mean. I quite like watching him, but whether he's playing an alcoholic in Leaving Las Vegas, or a gun trafficker in Lord of War, or a cop in Snake Eyes, it's always basically the same role, over and over. Which might lead you to think that he's essentially playing himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.