Films that were acclaimed that are actually rubbish

I've just started watching all of the Bond films in order. Did From Russia With Love, Goldfinger and Thunderball this week. I think they're all pretty good overall, but each one has some embarrassingly bad filmmaking that would never get in a film nowadays. Especially some of the action sequences. They seem to have had an obsession in chase scenes with speeding up the footage to almost Benny Hill levels.

And yeah, they're basically the most anti Me Too films of all time. Let's just say if James Bond was a real person, he'd probably be on trial for historic sex crimes right now.

Blade Runner. You’re an idiot
Saving Private Ryan. You’re an idiot
La La Land. You know your stuff
Titanic. You know your stuff
1917. Couldn’t say
The Favourite. You’re an idiot
A Star is Born. You’re an idiot
Slumdog Millionaire. Couldn’t say
Brokeback Mountain. Couldn’t say
Chicago. You know your stuff
Braveheart. You’re an idiot buts it’s a Scottish tub thumping thing with an Aussie so will let it pass

A couple of years back it seemed everyone was talking about LaLa land and the shape of water.

Ended up watching both, kind of. The first was so poor I got up and left after 15mins (and I don't mind a musical every now and then) and the other seemed to be some kind of fish bestiality thing part disguised as female empowerment. At least Daryl Hannah was part human.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.