Finally we have a tactically astute manager

The two positives for me tonight were that when the changes came everybody accepted them, settled into position and didn't let up on the workrate. No let up and full concentration. Secondly, when we came under pressure tonight and on saturday (wolves and stoke throwing everything at us) the defence didn't buckle, generally looked composed and didn't get hurried. Positives all round.

Still getting to know the squad but in such a short space of time is adapting it to suit. Finally have a tactically aware manager - big thumbs up from me. These little details are what win matches and ultimately cups and titles. Plus a little luck.

As I can't post a new topic yet, who is doing the coaching apart from Mancini and Kidd. There is nothing on OS as to who else is coaching, and if all of Hughes backroom staff went, who is helping out at the moment.

As much as I thought Hughes just needed to get a defensive coach in, it's starting to look like maybe he just didn't have the experience to handle such a big dressing room and the coaching side of things too.

Superb all-round tonight.

Very impressed. Whatever it is he's done to calm the defence down it seems to be working. Or maybe it's just the influence of V-Kompany!

Excellent work tonight. Interesting how Garrido seems to have come back in from the cold. Do you think that is just through neccessity with all the injuries or does Mancini rate the guy higher than Hughes and even by the end of his reign Sven did?

masterwig said:
Superb all-round tonight.

Very impressed. Whatever it is he's done to calm the defence down it seems to be working. Or maybe it's just the influence of V-Kompany!

Excellent work tonight. Interesting how Garrido seems to have come back in from the cold. Do you think that is just through neccessity with all the injuries or does Mancini rate the guy higher than Hughes and even by the end of his reign Sven did?

He's not playing his purchases, so plays them as he sees fit, regardless of who they are.

Promising start indeed.

Looking more solid already.

Fingers crossed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.