Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

JollyGood said:
fbloke said:
I sense that this is a shot across UEFA and a small number of clubs' bows about FFP and nothing more.

The first worry for clubs would be how long term such a league would be?

Secondly would players be barred from other UEFA and FIFA competitions?

Is it just a way for Qatar proving their air con strategy for the World Cup that would, once that is achieved, be shelved?

Of course the threat of such an invitation event could be enough to achieve the goal of killing FFP and shutting Bayern Munich up.

I dont think Munich would enjoy being the only major club not included with none of the invited clubs playing in the CL.

Yeah right. All major european football clubs will stop playing in UEFA competitions during the season just because they can play for 5 weeks in Qatar during the summer and all football fans would be happy to fly there instead of enjoying great entertainment at home. It's not a threat to UEFA competitions, not at all. It's just the idea of an artificial tournament bought by rich people for entertainment in their home yard and it won't happen. The best they can hope for is a preseason tournament, if they pay enough.

And what's with all the digging against Bayern Munich. Rummenigge is usually speaking as chairman of the ECA when he's talking about FFP, so he's speaking for 207 football clubs not just for Bayern.

Did I mention Rummenigge? Did I?

Nope, I talked about Bayern Munich.

But then again we all know that there are major problems with the influence of a small number of footballing eurocrats - something that we are seeing replicated with Gill's attempts to become the English Karl Heinz?

It seems the tournament may well be a hoax, but such a venture cannot be ruled out if the Qataris feel that Platini's FFPR is aimed at stopping PSG (and other Arab owned clubs). The TV rights would be the vital issue because these would be negotiated with the Qataris and the clubs and would exclude UEFA and FIFA. FIFA may well threaten a ban on clubs which took part which would open a can of worms. UEFA negotiates the TV rights for the CL without any consultation with the clubs. It maintains that it does this, not as a governing body but as the organiser of a tournament by invitation only. It would be unable to defend an action brought against it for abusing is monopoly powers (ie dominant market position) to prevent another tournament organiser organising a rival competition. This is simply one problem Platini's FFPR has, potentially, landed him with. More ominously, close season tournaments in the gulf (for say four clubs) offer an easy opportunity to stuff FFPR for Arab owned clubs. This one may be a hoax, but a warning of what could be to come!

When a big fat lie was outed I was hoping it would be a red top rather that the Times, but whatever.
This could well be planted by the Qataris - makes a lot of sense - if the PSG deal gets through then it's all over for FFPR. imho of course.

Why should this not happen ? In the darts you have the PDC competition and the BDO - with the PDC rightly regarded as the premier competition.

With boxing you have the WBO, WBC, WBA etc

It's about time there was a rival to UEFA, they can have their sh*te FFP rules and then the Qataris can offer mega bucks with no restrictions for their competition.

Guess which one do you think most chairmen would go with? This could see the break up of the whole current structure which would be good news.

The PDC didn't even exist but with sky's money it soon usurped the much longer standing BDO competition.

This is fantastic news if true.

Blue Mooner said:
Why should this not happen ? In the darts you have the PDC competition and the BDO - with the PDC rightly regarded as the premier competition.

It's about time there was a rival to UEFA, they can have their sh*te FFP rules and then the Qataris can offer mega bucks with no restrictions for their competition.

Guess which one do you think most chairmen would go with? This could see the break up of the whole current structure which would be good news.

The PDC didn't even exist but with sky's money it soon usurped the much longer standing BDO competition.

Yeh but UEFA is governed by FIFA, as is all legitimate football around the world - all leagues, cups, Euro's, world cups etc. If we as a club played in non UEFA / FIFA sanctioned competitions, they could ban the club / players from other competitions if they wanted. The Dream League is a nice idea, I just don't see it happening.

Shaelumstash said:
Blue Mooner said:

Yeh but UEFA is governed by FIFA, as is all legitimate football around the world - all leagues, cups, Euro's, world cups etc. If we as a club played in non UEFA / FIFA sanctioned competitions, they could ban the club / players from other competitions if they wanted. The Dream League is a nice idea, I just don't see it happening.

That is the whole point, to disrupt the status quo, FIFA would either back the competition or another rival football governing body would be created. The Qataris create a new cup competition bankrolled by the mega bucks of the Middle East with sh*t loads of prize money that would dwarf anything he chumps league could offer. What do you think the likes of the Glazers would go for.......?

The premier league/FIFA would then have a choice do they back the new competition (with their own rules and regulations ie without FFP) or risk a split and the creation of a competitive governing body with newly created separate domestic leagues and a rival to the champions league, one where you qualify for the UEFA backed competition (with less prize money) or one bankrolled by the Qatari's ?

As I said the PDC in darts didn't exist but soon usurped the BDO once sky's finance came into play. I was waiting to see how we would try and counter UEFA and if this is their plan it is simply brilliant.

For too long UEFA and FIFA have ridden roughshod over the views of football fans and this is where the fight back begins.

you need to listen this week's Times podcast with Gab Marcotti
they have a real pop at FFPR
there's a French journo on there explaining how PSG are taking the absolute piss and have backdated their Qatari sponsorship to last year as well as covering this, so this year they have a loss of only 5m euros!

Manc in London said:
I would think Oliver Kay's boss is a bit annoyed.

His boss is Tony Evans and he backs the story fully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.