Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Even if that specific plan doesn't come off it does point to a simple additional revenue stream.

A City v PSG v Malaga round robin tournament in Qatar, Dubai and Abu Dhabi for £10m per match and £100m first prize, £99m 2nd prize and £98m third prize.

Of course you invite United, Barca and Bayern who say no as the offer to them is turned as they are above such things.

fbloke said:
Manc in London said:
I would think Oliver Kay's boss is a bit annoyed.

His boss is Tony Evans and he backs the story fully.

I know you correspond with tony Evans but he comes over as a complete simpleton on the Times podcast, or am I doing him an injustice?

It wouldn't be worth our while if the likes of United and our other main domestic rivals were invited.

No financial advantage would be gained.

The easiest thing would simply be for Abu Dhabi and Qatar to get together and host a small invitational each year in pre-season.

Invite PSG, City, Barca, Real and maybe the Italian champions.

£10m each and an extra £10m for the winners.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
It wouldn't be worth our while if the likes of United and our other main domestic rivals were invited.

The easiest thing would simply be for Abu Dhabi and Qatar to get together and host a small invitational each year in pre-season.

Agree^^^^^It might piss off platini and co but it would be like finding £10.00 and then losing it!

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Personally. I'd invite the biggest South American teams too. A world champions league is coming, we might as well be there at the beginning. Form a World G14 and shaft the old guard.

BluePurgatory said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Agree^^^^^It might piss off platini and co but it would be like finding £10.00 and then losing it!

Disagree because there would be no FFPR regs so we could outspend any of the others by the personal funding of the sheikh until such time as we are completely self sufficient. The fact we would have to give our competitors more money through the new competition would be largely irrelevant.

Fat Sam saying FFP is not right and it won't make his job any easier! Well west ham owners want to pocket the majority of the money that's why they voted for it

It has already affected city, as much as it can, in reducing money spent by us. I think, it wont do any other harm long term.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Although I strongly disagree with the concept, it would give us a financial advantage over Spurs and Liverpool.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:40 pm --<br /><br />
blueyorkie said:
fbloke said:
Manc in London said:
I would think Oliver Kay's boss is a bit annoyed.

His boss is Tony Evans and he backs the story fully.

I know you correspond with tony Evans but he comes over as a complete simpleton on the Times podcast, or am I doing him an injustice?

Indeed. Tony Evans us a massive bell.

Of course, his boss will back him in public. The factis, he has embarrassed The Times.

Tony Evans (@TonyEvansTimes) tweeted at 10:16 PM on Sun, Mar 17, 2013:
In The Game tomorrow my column is this: an apology to readers. How we got the Qatar Dream League story so badly wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.