Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Rammyblues said:
UEFA’s rules infringe European Union competition law and the right to free movement of workers, service and capital,

In a nutshell, bye bye FFPR.

Lets hope so, I have never seen such blatant restraint of trade

I have an idea...that should tick everyones boxes (I wonder of Platini is reading this?). Not seen it before, so apologies if there's another genius out there who's thought of it first? (I will caveat it with the fact it's just come to me...so not fully thought through...and I'm sure there are plenty on here who will find holes...but what the hell)

Nobody (not even platini) would want to discourage investment in football facilities / infrastructure, youth development etc that the likes of our owner brings.

I'm obviously biased, but don't see how any genuine supporter with 'concern' for the games well being / future sustainability would object to what I'm proposing.

Here it is...

Any operating losses incurred should be written off if they are matched by investment in infrastructure, community etc...a bit like a tax deductible item.

This would allow investors to pick up any team they wanted (hence keeping the dream alive for any club not in the top 4) provided they match any losses.

What's not to like?

Everyone's a winner?

01MANC said:
I have an idea...that should tick everyones boxes (I wonder of Platini is reading this?). Not seen it before, so apologies if there's another genius out there who's thought of it first? (I will caveat it with the fact it's just come to me...so not fully thought through...and I'm sure there are plenty on here who will find holes...but what the hell)

Nobody (not even platini) would want to discourage investment in football facilities / infrastructure, youth development etc that the likes of our owner brings.

I'm obviously biased, but don't see how any genuine supporter with 'concern' for the games well being / future sustainability would object to what I'm proposing.

Here it is...

Any operating losses incurred should be written off if they are matched by investment in infrastructure, community etc...a bit like a tax deductible item.

This would allow investors to pick up any team they wanted (hence keeping the dream alive for any club not in the top 4) provided they match any losses.

What's not to like?

Everyone's a winner?
You're making the mistake of thinking that FFP has anything to do with the good of the game.

I'm With Stupid said:
01MANC said:

Here it is...

What's not to like?

Everyone's a winner?
You're making the mistake of thinking that FFP has anything to do with the good of the game.

D'oh!!!! A big gaping hole blown through my plan by the first poster...

I knew I should have thought it through more

;-)

Would be interesting to see what the response would be though...and how he'd argue agaisnt it without absolutely showing FFP up for what it is.

I'm With Stupid said:
01MANC said:

Here it is...

What's not to like?

Everyone's a winner?

It doesn't matter. Think PSG. Think Monaco. It really doesn't matter what Twattini wants.

Pam said:
I'm With Stupid said:
01MANC said:

Here it is...

What's not to like?

Everyone's a winner?

It doesn't matter. Think PSG. Think Monaco. It really doesn't matter what Twattini wants.

You are spot on , there , Pam

the carpet is well and truly pulled fromn under Twatto.. but we need to watch out for what the Enormous m@sturbator Gill might be looking to pull...

we want to be profitable regardless of FFPR.

Therefore thinking that without it we'd go out tomorrow and spunk £150m is just twaddle, the owner doesn't want to do that anymore and it is not part of our long term business plan.

If we don't pay the money for a player and someone else gets him it's because the owner does not think it's a good enough investment, and the numbers don't add up, not because a Man Utd exec and a cheese eating surrender monkey might shout at us before Europe pulls their pants down in front of their mothers in law so they can have a giggle.

JoeMercer'sWay said:

Therefore thinking that without it we'd go out tomorrow and spunk £150m is just twaddle, the owner doesn't want to do that anymore and it is not part of our long term business plan.

If we don't pay the money for a player and someone else gets him it's because the owner does not think it's a good enough investment, and the numbers don't add up, not because a Man Utd exec and a cheese eating surrender monkey might shout at us before Europe pulls their pants down in front of their mothers in law so they can have a giggle.

Though I agree with you my problem with FFPR stretches beyond just us but football as a whole, I have no doubt we will get through these but it's a shame for nearly every other football team in europe that we might possibly be the last set of fans who get to behold their childhood dream become a reality.

It's especially true now the Premier league has got it's own FFPR which just locks in place the established rich big clubs, with the money divide now can you ever see another team rising up in the premier league to become a force? I'm eternally grateful we broke that barrier but it's a shame that no one else gets to taste it, just the same few clubs from now on. It saddens me really.

MC ID said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Though I agree with you my problem with FFPR stretches beyond just us but football as a whole, I have no doubt we will get through these but it's a shame for nearly every other football team in europe that we might possibly be the last set of fans who get to behold their childhood dream become a reality.

It's especially true now the Premier league has got it's own FFPR which just locks in place the established rich big clubs, with the money divide now can you ever see another team rising up in the premier league to become a force? I'm eternally grateful we broke that barrier but it's a shame that no one else gets to taste it, just the same few clubs from now on. It saddens me really.

Don't be too sad. It was voted in by those with most to lose. A basic error that they may yet live to regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.