Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

Agree
All its going to do is widen the gap. The top clubs as we have seen already will get Major Sponsership deals eclipsing any current deals they have.
The rest will not be able to get such deals due to non exposure in CL etc and it will just widen the gap over time.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
we want to be profitable regardless of FFPR.

Therefore thinking that without it we'd go out tomorrow and spunk £150m is just twaddle, the owner doesn't want to do that anymore and it is not part of our long term business plan.

If we don't pay the money for a player and someone else gets him it's because the owner does not think it's a good enough investment, and the numbers don't add up, not because a Man Utd exec and a cheese eating surrender monkey might shout at us before Europe pulls their pants down in front of their mothers in law so they can have a giggle.

Spot on. We are not going balls out for every superstar on the planet the minute they become available. We have achieved already, our owners are now consolidating that achievement and, to quote dreadful management speak, are 'moving forward.'

I'm no cynic said:
MC ID said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
we want to be profitable regardless of FFPR.

Therefore thinking that without it we'd go out tomorrow and spunk £150m is just twaddle, the owner doesn't want to do that anymore and it is not part of our long term business plan.

If we don't pay the money for a player and someone else gets him it's because the owner does not think it's a good enough investment, and the numbers don't add up, not because a Man Utd exec and a cheese eating surrender monkey might shout at us before Europe pulls their pants down in front of their mothers in law so they can have a giggle.

Though I agree with you my problem with FFPR stretches beyond just us but football as a whole, I have no doubt we will get through these but it's a shame for nearly every other football team in europe that we might possibly be the last set of fans who get to behold their childhood dream become a reality.

It's especially true now the Premier league has got it's own FFPR which just locks in place the established rich big clubs, with the money divide now can you ever see another team rising up in the premier league to become a force? I'm eternally grateful we broke that barrier but it's a shame that no one else gets to taste it, just the same few clubs from now on. It saddens me really.

Don't be too sad. It was voted in by those with most to lose. A basic error that they may yet live to regret.

This^^

I really can't get my head around how some of the upper mid table clubs with aspirations (or any of the other one, for that matter) would have endorsed this cynical move

Ladder well and truly pulled up and it would seem that short-term jealousy might have clouded the judgement of others....

I'm no cynic said:
MC ID said:
It's especially true now the Premier league has got it's own FFPR which just locks in place the established rich big clubs, with the money divide now can you ever see another team rising up in the premier league to become a force? I'm eternally grateful we broke that barrier but it's a shame that no one else gets to taste it, just the same few clubs from now on. It saddens me really.

Don't be too sad. It was voted in by those with most to lose. A basic error that they may yet live to regret.
Having needed a two-thirds majority to bring it in, would they need a two-thirds majority to vote it out?

Vic said:
I'm no cynic said:
MC ID said:

Having needed a two-thirds majority to bring it in, would they need a two-thirds majority to vote it out?
I think it has to be voted in every 3 years.

Furthermore though if FFP did not exist do you guys really think Real Madrid would have had a chance at outbidding us for Isco?

I'm no cynic said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:
Furthermore though if FFP did not exist do you guys really think Real Madrid would have had a chance at outbidding us for Isco?

That depends on what the Spanish Government is doing before lunch.

SG will convince the banks to lent a few more Euro's as Royalty to Real. And in the end it's the citizens who pay for Real to get their players in. What our owner does, spending his own money, if a much more severe offence, now isn't it? Another exemple of how ludicrous these FFPR are.

Manchester City have created the financial flexibility to go into the transfer market for a top class replacement for Carlos Tevez, having sold him for his ‘book value’ of £9m.

Tevez’s depreciation cost to City in the last year of his contract at City would have been £9m, if an initial transfer fee of £45m is spread across the five years of his deal. By losing that from their books, plus his £198,000-a-week wages and bonuses which would have added up to £17m, the club would potentially have the money to buy Napoli’s Edison Cavani, even at the inflated fee of £50m plus Tevez-level wages.

A £50m fee for a player would accounted for across the term of that individual’s contract. The cost of signing Tevez, when he left Manchester United in 2009, has never been disclosed.

City cautioned late on Tuesday night that they will not necessarily be using the sale of Tevez – which remains subject to the player agreeing personal terms – to justify a splurge of cash on a new striker. But the sales of Wayne Bridge, Kolo Toure and Roque Santa Cruz so early in the summer have also protected the club from a desperate last-minute attempt to lay off players to buying clubs who hold the negotiating cards – a problem in previous years.

It means the club are not as hamstrung by the constraints of Uefa’s financial fair play (FFP) regime as they might have feared. The new Premier League TV deal also helps them in their quest to reduce loses from £97m last year to an aggregate of €45m (£38.1m) across last season and this, in line with FFP.

Their challenge will be finding a dynamic enough striker to prevent the pressure on Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko becoming too great, next season. The 2013/14 campaign may be the big moment for the 21-year-old Swede John Guidetti, though he remains untested after a season plagued by a mystery illness. With the prospects of signing Cavani extremely slim, City may renew their attempts to discuss Robert Lewandowski with his club, Borussia Dortmund. Since the striker covets a move to Bayern Munich, that will be a tall order<br /><br />-- 26 Jun 2013 13:26 --<br /><br /><a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/carlos-tevez-transfer-to-juventus-frees-manchester-city-to-buy-top-class-replacement-8674766.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 74766.html</a>

FantasyIreland said:
Manchester City have created the financial flexibility to go into the transfer market for a top class replacement for Carlos Tevez, having sold him for his ‘book value’ of £9m.

Tevez’s depreciation cost to City in the last year of his contract at City would have been £9m, if an initial transfer fee of £45m is spread across the five years of his deal. By losing that from their books, plus his £198,000-a-week wages and bonuses which would have added up to £17m, the club would potentially have the money to buy Napoli’s Edison Cavani, even at the inflated fee of £50m plus Tevez-level wages.

A £50m fee for a player would accounted for across the term of that individual’s contract. The cost of signing Tevez, when he left Manchester United in 2009, has never been disclosed.

City cautioned late on Tuesday night that they will not necessarily be using the sale of Tevez – which remains subject to the player agreeing personal terms – to justify a splurge of cash on a new striker. But the sales of Wayne Bridge, Kolo Toure and Roque Santa Cruz so early in the summer have also protected the club from a desperate last-minute attempt to lay off players to buying clubs who hold the negotiating cards – a problem in previous years.

It means the club are not as hamstrung by the constraints of Uefa’s financial fair play (FFP) regime as they might have feared. The new Premier League TV deal also helps them in their quest to reduce loses from £97m last year to an aggregate of €45m (£38.1m) across last season and this, in line with FFP.

Their challenge will be finding a dynamic enough striker to prevent the pressure on Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko becoming too great, next season. The 2013/14 campaign may be the big moment for the 21-year-old Swede John Guidetti, though he remains untested after a season plagued by a mystery illness. With the prospects of signing Cavani extremely slim, City may renew their attempts to discuss Robert Lewandowski with his club, Borussia Dortmund. Since the striker covets a move to Bayern Munich, that will be a tall order

-- 26 Jun 2013 13:26 --

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/carlos-tevez-transfer-to-juventus-frees-manchester-city-to-buy-top-class-replacement-8674766.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 74766.html</a>

City in early and clever moves.

I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.