Financial Fair Play/Financial Report (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Financial Fair Play will not affect us.

It sounds fucking awful. Let's hope it's just part of a master plan to abolish FFP. Not a fan of uefa but detest the idea of some new invite only cup or a breakaway league

I agree it sounds awful, very close to the much feared European Super League... but in summer during off-season? Players would never be able to rest and it'd be like a club version of the World Cup, could negatively impact the domestic season as players would suffer fatigue. Yet I have mixed feelings because of the FFP implications if we're invited, we'd never have to worry about it again.

Oh and let us see if moral crusaders United and Arsenal would reject an invitation from the "Arab sugar daddies".

bugsyblue said:
It sounds fucking awful. Let's hope it's just part of a master plan to abolish FFP. Not a fan of uefa but detest the idea of some new invite only cup or a breakaway league

It sounds like a big fuck you to the FFPR.

MSP said:
Can't see UEFA giving this a go without big fight.. unless they're part of it to ease the feeling about Super League that would come.

What would UEFA do ban the teams from there competition? The Owners wouldn't give a toss money talks! Think the only threat that would work would be if the Fa say any team entering the competition will be automatically relegated

stony said:
bugsyblue said:

It sounds like a big fuck you to the FFPR.
But aims to invite clubs like United and Barça.

I sense that this is a shot across UEFA and a small number of clubs' bows about FFP and nothing more.

The first worry for clubs would be how long term such a league would be?

Secondly would players be barred from other UEFA and FIFA competitions?

Is it just a way for Qatar proving their air con strategy for the World Cup that would, once that is achieved, be shelved?

Of course the threat of such an invitation event could be enough to achieve the goal of killing FFP and shutting Bayern Munich up.

I dont think Munich would enjoy being the only major club not included with none of the invited clubs playing in the CL.

fbloke said:
I sense that this is a shot across UEFA and a small number of clubs' bows about FFP and nothing more.

The first worry for clubs would be how long term such a league would be?

Secondly would players be barred from other UEFA and FIFA competitions?

Is it just a way for Qatar proving their air con strategy for the World Cup that would, once that is achieved, be shelved?

Of course the threat of such an invitation event could be enough to achieve the goal of killing FFP and shutting Bayern Munich up.

I dont think Munich would enjoy being the only major club not included with none of the invited clubs playing in the CL.

Yeah right. All major european football clubs will stop playing in UEFA competitions during the season just because they can play for 5 weeks in Qatar during the summer and all football fans would be happy to fly there instead of enjoying great entertainment at home. It's not a threat to UEFA competitions, not at all. It's just the idea of an artificial tournament bought by rich people for entertainment in their home yard and it won't happen. The best they can hope for is a preseason tournament, if they pay enough.

And what's with all the digging against Bayern Munich. Rummenigge is usually speaking as chairman of the ECA when he's talking about FFP, so he's speaking for 207 football clubs not just for Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.