Financial Fair Play

SamTheGuru

Team supported
MCFC OK
Money makes the world go round so, if you listen to certain people and read certain papers, the Blue Planet has been spinning that bit faster since the City Revolution began. No wonder you felt giddy.

But not for much longer. The Guardian leads today with "Era of massive spending is over, say City", propped up by a sub-deck combining the day's two stories: "Club unveil Dzeko but pledge to meet Uefa rules".

Owen Gibson and Daniel Taylor pick through Uefa president Michel Platini's far-reaching plans to create a more level playing field with his Financial Fair Play rules, and inevitably focus on City's future.

The Blues revealed annual losses of £121million, thanks to investment and recruitment, which will be deemed unacceptable in 2014-15, though the Guardian men point out that such "a problem ... is not confined to Eastlands."

But fear not. As Gibson and Taylor report: "On the day Roberto Mancini unveiled ... Edin Dzeko, he vowed that it would mark the end of the first chapter of City's reinvention using the oil wealth of Abu Dhabi."

Danny was on Carrington duty to quiz Roberto, who told him: "This is my ideal squad at the moment. We don't need to buy another six or seven players next summer. Maybe two or three.

"We are building a great team at the moment. Every year we want to improve, but with another two or three players next season, no more."

The Guardian duo add that "City executives have consistently maintained that they intend to comply with the rules" and quote that nice Mr Platini on a productive meeting last year with the Sheikh in Abu Dhabi.

Now am I missing something here, is it more complicated than this.

£25m = David Silva
£20m = Yaya
£24m = Mario
£16m = Milner
£11m = Boateng
£15m = Kolarov
------
£111m total

+ £70m or so that champions league football will bring in

= £181m

Does this mean we are very on course to meet with the FFP regs or does the £121m not take into account transfer fees?

Some people are so simplistic.

City as a club will be making money every day of the week from things that are in a planning process right now that have nothing to do with football.

Do you really think our owners made their money from having a 9 to 5 job? They are smart people with a plan.

We're getting as many quality players in now so as we only have to add one a season once the rule comes in.

I understand that 111 + 70 = 181 but why would you add expenditure to income in the first place to try to achieve the ffp?

Also the expenditure you list (which isn't correct) will be in a different financial year than the potential champs league receipts will be in

And apart from all the other income and expenditure that goes to form the accounts to create the loss or profit (we hope) you're nearly there

It is quite simple in the end though - doing the sums I mean - I just hope hitting the ffp target will be as well - but our owners are no mugs as we all know, so I doubt we have to worry too much

To be honest I would just say relax, the idea of ADUG failing at anything they do in business is all but laughable, particularly on this scale which is small fry to them.

And for all the talk of football being different because of its unpredictable nature, us meeting these targets isn't even really that dependent on what happens on the field (apart from perhaps a minimum achievement of CL qualification).

No, we're not even close to meeting the FFP rules at that moment, even with Champions League football, and there will be increased wages and no doubt bonuses as well. We have to seriously raise revenues. I'm talking doubling it. These guys will do it though. They have a plan and they don't do things by halves. Also, there are plenty of get-out clauses for UEFA which would allow City to enter UEFA competitions even if we did fail to generate sufficient revenues to start with. There seems to be ongoing communications with UEFA about this and worst comes to worst, brown envelopes will change hands, and we'll be miraculously allowed in for demonstrating a positive trend towards compliance.

Skashion said:
No, we're not even close to meeting the FFP rules at that moment, even with Champions League football, and there will be increased wages and no doubt bonuses as well. We have to seriously raise revenues. I'm talking doubling it. These guys will do it though. They have a plan and they don't do things by halves. Alson, there are plenty of get-out clauses for UEFA which would allow City to enter UEFA competitions even if we did fail to generate sufficient revenues to start with. There seems to be ongoing communications with UEFA about this and worst comes to worst, brown envelopes will change hands, and we'll be miraculously allowed in for demonstrating a positive trend towards compliance.

This is exactly what will happen. Frankly, there's more chance of Jo being inducted into the Hall of Fame than there is of us ever actually being banned from a European competition having qualified.

Skashion said:
No, we're not even close to meeting the FFP rules at that moment, even with Champions League football, and there will be increased wages and no doubt bonuses as well. We have to seriously raise revenues. I'm talking doubling it. These guys will do it though. They have a plan and they don't do things by halves. Also, there are plenty of get-out clauses for UEFA which would allow City to enter UEFA competitions even if we did fail to generate sufficient revenues to start with. There seems to be ongoing communications with UEFA about this and worst comes to worst, brown envelopes will change hands, and we'll be miraculously allowed in for demonstrating a positive trend towards compliance.
Thank you for answering my question.

pɹɐʇsɐq ǝnlq said:
Some people are so simplistic.

City as a club will be making money every day of the week from things that are in a planning process right now that have nothing to do with football.

Do you really think our owners made their money from having a 9 to 5 job? They are smart people with a plan.

We're getting as many quality players in now so as we only have to add one a season once the rule comes in.
Thank you for not reading my post or even attempting to understand it.

I don't trust Platinni and would say that we won't be sure we pass FFP until it is announced that we have by UEFA. He and his staff will be saying nice things to our owners and execs in private but he won't hesitate to stick the knife in if he wants to make a political point. If we get barred from the CL, Platinni will be hailed as a hero by all those forces that are against us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.