Financial Fair Play

SamTheGuru said:
But the transfer fee wouldn't be off the books would it? That was the idea behind the whole Robinho transfer. They paid out the rest of the "Amortisation" charges for the remaining 3 years to balance the books? At least that is what I am getting. Just because a player signs a new contract does not mean that the transfee can be wrote off.
Yes, that it is. Not amortising a transfer would be seen as a change of accountancy practice by UEFA and a flagrant attempt to circumvent the rules.

Skashion said:
SamTheGuru said:
So a £30 million transfer fee over 4 years = £7.5m a year?

What happens when that 4 year period is over and the player has signed a new contract? That means that -£7.5m a year is no longer on the books?
Yes. That's just one reason why I like Mancini's buying young policy. Hopefully we can get a core squad together and keep it together for a decade like the rags have done, two decades in Giggs' case - he's been phenomenal value.

On the other hand. If for say Dzeko for 30million = 7.5m a year over 4 years. And we just magically sold him right now for £40m, would that appear as +£2.5m on the books?

I'd be surprised if our owners weren't aware of ffp reg's even before they bought the club - it's been in the wind for a while...they probably worked out they have a certain length of time to spend without fear of penalty

I am not quite sure how long these new rules will be in place all the new rules are doing is keeping the biggest clubs in the world at the top the likes off the rags, real madrid , barcelona , ac milan, inter milan, bayern munich, even though most of these are heavily in debt these clubs generate to much money for other clubs to compete with there squads will have all the best players they will be the only clubs who can pay the best wages it is just gonna make a huge mockery of football it will be 2 teams from each country fighting it out for same competitons every season there won't be any shocks like portsmouth winning the fa cup or city or spurs challenging for the title i just really can't see it working.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.