Finley Burns

Perhaps he'll get chance to shine, be recalled and loaded to a higher level. Mot unheard of, for players to swap loan clubs. Looked solid in the highlights. I'm not convinced the EFL leagues one and two are technically better than EDS football. Experience, variety and competition are higher, for sure. Sink or swim. Hope it's the latter for the lad.

In the last 2 games he has been deployed in midfield,not in the hybrid role Stones has mastered......but as part of a double pivot.It must be through necessity as he has looked the part at centre half too,arguably thier best.

I only watched the first half yesterday,but apart from lacking a bit of recovery pace and one or two mis-weighted passes......he did well.

Looking like a very good loan so far.

Perhaps he'll get chance to shine, be recalled and loaded to a higher level. Mot unheard of, for players to swap loan clubs. Looked solid in the highlights. I'm not convinced the EFL leagues one and two are technically better than EDS football. Experience, variety and competition are higher, for sure. Sink or swim. Hope it's the latter for the lad.

I'm sure they're not. I don't think that's the point of a loan to them, somehow.
What you do get is kicked around and roughed up more than in the EDS. That, I'm pretty sure of. And so what you learn from it, I suppose, is that talent isn't enough. You learn to live with the rough and tumble of cynical old pros who are not brilliant footballers, but who sure as hell want to earn their living and put food on the plate of the kids and wife at home. And who are not going to let some hotshot lad who's from the apprentice teams of a big club get in the way of that.
That, in itself, is also a kind of education for these lads. That said, I wouldn't think more than one season of that kind of thing is otherwise useful.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.