Finley Gorman

It’s also worth noting that we lose 16 years olds too, such as the Fletcher twins recently, as some of them probably don’t see a pathway at City. So we have to sign players just to top up the squad.

This years U-21 squad is very young so many of them will probably play next year with only a few going out on loan. The likelihood is that these will be supplemented with the "superkids".
I think your right except when you look at signed in lads like Brits, Fapetu, Fletcher game time so far has been limited so may stay at U18. Mukasa seems more than of a starter but I’m guessing because Harrison carrying injury given the rate he’s been bagging goals from 10 so far. Current U18 second years I expect will supplement a largely unchanged U21 team next season.

U18s next year will be galacticos.

Wish I had a 15 year old son who could play, put together some clips with background music and bingo £££££££££

Not that easy I’m sure, but the money flying around is crazy. Good luck to them though

Seems to be a pattern developing in the last few seasons spending big on youth players, where previously the club seemed to rely on a model developing their own.

Lots of seven figure kids Midwood, Parker, Mukasa, Fletcher, Brits, Gorman & linked to others. Next years U18 starting 11 could well end up 50% bought in looking at current pattern.

I’m not sure that’s the right approach. Our best young players have been the kids who we’ve brought through from a young age. I can’t really think of many that we’ve bought in that have been as successful or as talented as the local kids.

Why change an approach that’s been so successful.

We are not that far off, 3 Academy players played in the World Club Final (Foden, Lewis and Bobb), although only 2 were on the pitch at same time if I remember correctly.

Football is a highly dynamic landscape at youth level. Southampton, Chelsea, The Bottlers and even that Red Lot from Swampland are spending big to attract a huge pool of youth players. The Barcodes and Liverpool have stepped up their movements too.

The EDS, U18s, U18s etc have always had a fairly fluid catchment of players and as the squad transits from success to developing talent, having more depth is key. Grabbing well-scouted options fits the bill for acquisition of future potential players and homegrown rosters that meet the registration requirements. They'll always be a hungry and able core of Mancunian-raised kids and moreover that'll grow under the CFA's presence, which is still only in its infancy [8th December 2014].

Good luck to the lad. About time we had someone born in Leeds do well...
I think Haaland has done pretty well for us mate haha.

It's already happening, it usually happens well before it's newsworthy, for instance Kian Noble, Alfie Harrison, Matty Henderson-Hall, Isaiah Dada-Mascoll, Jahmai Simpson-Pusey are all from Yorkshire and were likely poached from small age group teams and therefore did not make headlines when we poached them, would you consider them local or in the same category as Finlay Gorman?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.