Grenfell Tower block disaster

The plastic cladding fella... went up like a fuse.

I have no idea about fire regs and I appreciate that it is early days but, is plastic cladding common? I fucking hope not if that is the potential outcome from, presumably, a fire that started small

As usual there will be a debate about how this could happen - a 27 floor building going up like a tinder box - clearly thousands are living in death traps. Buildings of this size should not allow fire to transfer fire from floor to floor in this way. Pray to god people are okay but I fear the worst.

I have no idea about fire regs and I appreciate that it is early days but, is plastic cladding common? I fucking hope not if that is the potential outcome from, presumably, a fire that started small

I hope it's not plastic - plastic is oil based and will burn. Too early to speculate but the ferocity of the fire looks odd in a concrete building.

Those pictures have knocked me sick. Awful tragedy and my heart goes out to every single person caught up in it. Honest to god this kind of thing would be my worse nightmare. :-(

The plastic cladding fella... went up like a fuse.

Lesson not learned from that fire in the Isle of Man where they had plastic
As usual there will be a debate about how this could happen - a 27 floor building going up like a tinder box - clearly thousands are living in death traps. Buildings of this size should not allow fire to transfer fire from floor to floor in this way. Pray to god people are okay but I fear the worst.

There will be dozens who know the answer after the fire. Pity they didn't voice those answers before!

Absolutely horrendous.

Awful tragedy.

I used to live on the 10th floor of a tower block in Ashton and this was always a huge fear. I was resigned to not getting out if a fire started on a lower floor.

I can't tell you how grateful I am to be out of there and how much sorrow I feel for these people

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.