Grenfell Tower block disaster

It has nothing to do with being poor or foreign. Thousands of people both with a bit of money (mortgage) and the poor are still stuck in unsafe houses.
The cladding conformed to current legislation, ( as I understand it) If it did, the govt. should stand the bill, if it didn't make the developer pay. If he goes bust, the government steps in. You cannot expect someone to go to bed worrying in case their neighbours have the tumble dryer on.

The Government have been completely ignorant of the issue and have protected property developing cow boys who are probably party donors. I think the only help the government have provided is funding for cladding to be removed. Leaseholders are having to foot the bill for instalation of the new cladding which is leaving many working and middle class families bankrupt.

Just like Boris, this lot are Teflon. Amazing how these developers have got away with literally murder and don't need to foot the bill for their own f*ck up. Disgraceful how the bill has been sent to tenants, some received physical letters demanding payment of around £100k.

I think there's a few legal challenges which look promising for those stuck in this horrid mess.

Mental that we can pay a ridiculous amount for a toss track and trace app but the government won't help those in need who have been landed in this awful mess through no fault of their own.

The Government have been completely ignorant of the issue and have protected property developing cow boys who are probably party donors. I think the only help the government have provided is funding for cladding to be removed. Leaseholders are having to foot the bill for instalation of the new cladding which is leaving many working and middle class families bankrupt.

Just like Boris, this lot are Teflon. Amazing how these developers have got away with literally murder and don't need to foot the bill for their own f*ck up. Disgraceful how the bill has been sent to tenants, some received physical letters demanding payment of around £100k.

I think there's a few legal challenges which look promising for those stuck in this horrid mess.

Mental that we can pay a ridiculous amount for a toss track and trace app but the government won't help those in need who have been landed in this awful mess through no fault of their own.
I totally agree. The final bill to get London commuters to where they probably don't even need to go, also known as the Elizabeth line cost 18.8 billion, yes billion pounds. This adds to the 18 yes another 18 billion pounds spent on crossrail where more commuters wander round London.
But we as a country cannot get high rise buildings made safe so that ordinary people can have a night's sleep without beng in fear.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.