Firework?

It's myths like this and other myths like the ones above that make people look like dickheads. We've won more league titles than Man City, and more FA Cups so if that's fuck all, what words would you use to describe your achievements?[/quote]

Yet again another dinosaur living in the past. Forget 40, 30, 20 even 10 years ago. If everyone kept living in the past then Liverpool would always be the best in the country wouldnt they? Lets talk about here and now. City are ahead of Newcastle, a long way ahead, and thats off the pitch, let alone on it. Your fans yesterday were a disgrace. I used to like Newcastle, i now think your just scum to be honest.[/quote]
What do you mean a long way ahead off the pitch? You're in a different universe to us (and even clubs like Roma, Dortmund, Marseille, Valencia who all have had bigger fanbases than Man City) for one reason, and it's nothing to brag about.

Skashion said:
stevie1892 said:
Fuck all, we never will again, but we still support em.
I like the Geordies in general and Newcastle are amongst my favourite groups of fans (though not on yesterday's performance) but spare us. You can point to how long it's been since you actually won something (our club has been there too), but you'd enjoyed comparatively much better times than us up until very very recently. In the mid to late nineties and early noughties when we were spending time in the second and third flights and fighting top flight relegation battles, you were competing for the title (and threw one away that should certainly have been yours), getting to cup finals and competing in Europe's biggest competition. You're not getting kudos from us for having gone through barren times and you certainly haven't done it whilst putting up with having one of the biggest clubs in the world on the doorstep. My view is that there should be a lot of mutual respect but if we're not getting it from you we're certainly not under any fair obligation to hand it back.
I do respect Man City, it's amazing you get the support you do with Man Utd on your doorstep, but all of those points above on the other page, five of them, all people talking shit, I shot them to pieces with facts the same as you I'm not going watch people write pish about my club. Your support in 1999 in Division 3 was fantastic, I was in a pub in the toon when you played Gillingham and when Dickov made it 2-2 the entire bar cheered, and I've been there watching teams where our best player was the equivalent of Kevin Horlock. Our "good times" only really lasted 7 or 8 years in total, the rest has been complete desolation.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:21 am --<br /><br />
ello_jo said:
So how would you react in our situation stevie? Stop supporting the club? Fuck off.
I'd be stuck to the bedsheets mate, but we're not lucky enough for it to ever happen to us, as I said in another thread, I'd MUCH rather it was you the Everton, Tottenham or Aston Villa, all of whom I hate with a passion, especially the blue dippers.

Stevie 1892, funny how 5 minutes ago you were harping on about Newcastle's amazing past and how we must not forget it. So lets think about those years where you were getting less than 15,000 in the league. You are a 1 team city with a 57,000 seater stadium so where were youe amazing loyal fans then, all on holiday or something? And i was actually reffering to you fans yesterday, when ythey only brought 1400 fans instead of 3000 like most clubs do, and certainly all the big ones.

standupefc said:
This myth that they are loyal supporters despite the fact their ground was always half full in the 80s. I remember we went to their place and they only has 17 000 fans in the ground 3000 of them were Everton fans. What Geordies do not understand is that they only have 1 club to compete with in terms of supporters and even they are 10 miles away. There is only 1 club in Newcastle meaning everybody supports them and Sunderland have been shit for years anyway. Everton and City have to compete with Liverpool and United for supporters the 2 biggest and most successful clubs in England. Not to mention all the other clubs in the North West. Everyone outside of Sunderland in the North East supports Newcastle even people in Scotland and Yorkshire. The only reason why Newcastle have a large support is down to geography not down to to how loyal your fans are.
Indeed.

I am going to be very boring here but:

The North East of England has a population of 2.5 million. There are two big football clubs, one medium and three smaller clubs. 2.5m / 6 = 416k potential fans per club and Newcastle are the biggest club and that region.

The North West of England has 6.8m people. There are two giant clubs, two other big clubs, six fairly big clubs, four medium clubs and seven smaller clubs. 6.8m / 21 = 323k potential fans per club and United and Liverpool are the first and fourth biggest supported clubs in the world and by far the two most successful clubs in the country and they are in our region, which will distort the outcomes of support.

You go off that and see that Newcastle actually get far fewer fans than they should going off how many go to watch North West Clubs. Imagine if there was no Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport in Greater Manchester or other minor clubs (who I've not even accounted for!) who get a quite a few hundred fans (some thousands) each at games like Altrincham, Droylsden, Stalybridge, Hyde, Leigh, Curzon, FC United etc etc etc... added up these minor clubs definitely get more than Hartlepool do put together and I've offered Hartlepool 416k fans in my equations above. [and that's just Greater Manchester, that's not even half the population of the 6.8m of the North West!]

Yes I am boring, but I make a good point!

Anyway on the topic I hope Newcastle are fined and their away allocation dropped to just the second tier for their trip here next season. Whether it's one person or hundreds at fault, that's not the point. I hope the lad who threw it gets a cummuppance! Maybe some proper Geordie hard lads find out about him and dish out a "this will teach you to give us a bad name" beating and then a nice prison sentence for throwing the firwork!

Some very rag-like responses in this thread lads. I can definitely relate to Newcastle fans and wish them all the best for the season. If we get knocked out of either of the cup competitions, I can't think of another team that I'd rather win something than Newcastle.

rickmcfc said:
Stevie 1892, funny how 5 minutes ago you were harping on about Newcastle's amazing past and how we must not forget it. So lets think about those years where you were getting less than 15,000 in the league. You are a 1 team city with a 57,000 seater stadium so where were youe amazing loyal fans then, all on holiday or something? And i was actually reffering to you fans yesterday, when ythey only brought 1400 fans instead of 3000 like most clubs do, and certainly all the big ones.
Aye in one off seasons (official boycott to get rid of Gordon McKeag and get SJH in we won), we've never averaged under 15,000 though post war, unlike Manchester City I may add. We brought 1,700, we had 6,500 at Blackburn in the League Cup and I'm repeating myself, but are you so stupid that you think we're incapable of bringing 3,000 or even double to Man City on a Saturday afternoon. Most of your fans concede the reasons why that allocation was taken, so can you explain why you don't?<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:30 am --<br /><br />
danburge82 said:
standupefc said:
This myth that they are loyal supporters despite the fact their ground was always half full in the 80s. I remember we went to their place and they only has 17 000 fans in the ground 3000 of them were Everton fans. What Geordies do not understand is that they only have 1 club to compete with in terms of supporters and even they are 10 miles away. There is only 1 club in Newcastle meaning everybody supports them and Sunderland have been shit for years anyway. Everton and City have to compete with Liverpool and United for supporters the 2 biggest and most successful clubs in England. Not to mention all the other clubs in the North West. Everyone outside of Sunderland in the North East supports Newcastle even people in Scotland and Yorkshire. The only reason why Newcastle have a large support is down to geography not down to to how loyal your fans are.
Indeed.

I am going to be very boring here but:

The North East of England has a population of 2.5 million. There are two big football clubs, one medium and three smaller clubs. 2.5m / 6 = 416k potential fans per club and Newcastle are the biggest club and that region.

The North West of England has 6.8m people. There are two giant clubs, two other big clubs, six fairly big clubs, four medium clubs and seven smaller clubs. 6.8m / 21 = 323k potential fans per club and United and Liverpool are the first and fourth biggest supported clubs in the world and by far the two most successful clubs in the country and they are in our region, which will distort the outcomes of support.

You go off that and see that Newcastle actually get far fewer fans than they should going off how many go to watch North West Clubs. Imagine if there was no Wigan, Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Stockport in Greater Manchester or other minor clubs (who I've not even accounted for!) who get a quite a few hundred fans (some thousands) each at games like Altrincham, Droylsden, Stalybridge, Hyde, Leigh, Curzon, FC United etc etc etc... added up these minor clubs definitely get more than Hartlepool do put together and I've offered Hartlepool 416k fans in my equations above. [and that's just Greater Manchester, that's not even half the population of the 6.8m of the North West!]

Yes I am boring, but I make a good point!

Anyway on the topic I hope Newcastle are fined and their away allocation dropped to just the second tier for their trip here next season. Whether it's one person or hundreds at fault, that's not the point. I hope the lad who threw it gets a cummuppance! Maybe some proper Geordie hard lads find out about him and dish out a "this will teach you to give us a bad name" beating and then a nice prison sentence for throwing the firwork!
You don't though your point is absolutely shit, I refer you to my post on page 23 basically absolutely dismissing everything you've put above.

stevie1892 said:
SWP's back said:
stevie1892 said:
It's myths like this and other myths like the ones above that make people look like dickheads. We've won more league titles than Man City, and more FA Cups so if that's fuck all, what words would you use to describe your achievements?
Last FA Cup 1955

Last Top Flight win 1927.

Yes, you are right to show your excellent pedigree.
Ah well they might as well not exist then. I forgot football started in 2008 for you. I don't count league cups always been a reserve cup to me, which club other than Everton go on about trophies won more than any other to hide their lowly stature in 2011? Aston Villa. Since 1955 they've only won two trophies yet tell people they're the fourth most successful side in English history.
However, these are good points fella. Ignore anyone saying how just because you haven't won anything for decades and decades means you don't have a pedigree. This coming from City fans, really lads? Come on! We've won two league titles EVER! Many clubs piss all over that!

You're right about Villa. They won 5 league titles before Manchester City Football Club were founded, and both City and Villa have won two league titles since City were founded in 1894, but Villa still won them five more than us and rightly are ahead of City in the all-time lists.

stevie1892 said:
The cookie monster said:
stevie1892 said:
Fuck all, we never will again, but we still support em.
You never know a rumblelows cup could swing your way 1 day.....
FA Cup would do. Would feel like you've waited 56 years for a shag and Vanessa Feltz offers to suck you off, if we won the League Cup.

Nothin wrong with Vanessa Feltz you cheeky bar steward ;)

For some reason, the likes of Newcastle, Everton, City, Villa and Spurs have a fair degree of hatred between each other. People can go on about history and attendances but the fact remains that each club is huge and and has a great support base.

Stevie

This may interest you for this season, you know, the one where your doing amazing and everyone is behind the team?

THIS SEASON

Team MinCrowd MaxCrowd AveCrowd TotCrowd Played
Manchester United 75,448 75,570 75,495 452,972 6
Arsenal 59,671 60,091 59,957 359,744 6
Manchester City 46,509 47,293 46,953 234,765 5
Newcastle United 42,684 50,671 46,871 281,226 6

Oh, and we have played one less home game than the other 3 clubs there. And we havent averaged less than 15,000 in the league during a season, so stop talking shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.