First and second half tables - Why are we so poor in the second half?

Am I missing something?
We got more points (51) in the second half than we did in the first (49)
Correct. The reason we have done 'badly' is nothing to do with us. It's that relative to others we haven't done as well because other teams are better in the 2nd half that the first.
The question should be why do they not do as well in the 1st half rather than us having a problem.

Correct. The reason we have done 'badly' is nothing to do with us. It's that relative to others we haven't done as well because other teams are better in the 2nd half that the first.
The question should be why do they not do as well in the 1st half rather than us having a problem.
Thats true, how many times have liverpool and arsenal needed to rescue points lat in the game after bad first halves.

Because Pep likes to play the game out. Which has backfired on us a few times this season. Crystal Palace at home being the prime and worst example of that.

Agree, but I like to think slowing the game down has its benefits when we get to the final few games. We seem to have a little bit more in the tank than our rivals.

I still would have thought we would have been at least top 2 for both tables.

We are obviously not killing teams off as much this season as we did last.

Mahrez was great at getting that 3rd goal in a game which just killed off any opposition attempt at a comeback. That has gone this season.
That table just shows how Liverpool scrabble for points at the end of the game.
Being top of the 2nd half league is not a good thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.