First Away Game

TShed

Me was Rags 1970 defending the cup at the swamp got battered think it was 3-0 but recall as a 14 year old kid we had 15 k in the scoreboard and battered them big style. Was a few years later I went to my first real away game 1972 Leeds with top Gorton boys on Finglands Coach from Platt Lane again battered think it as 3-0 all in the Cow Shed and we launched the Colin Bell song ref Chuck Berry with the GDR especially Mike Thomas a Kippax Legend G O R….T O N …Gorton Lads Are Here Again with a Nick Nack paddy whack give a dog a bone why don’t Whythenshaw fuck off home

Bury, pre-season friendly 1970. Think we won 5-4.
I think my first non-friendly was also at Bury in the League Cup in 72-73. We lost 2-0.

Think mine was at Goodison. A 1-1 draw. I also went to Bolton when Daley scored and remember a game at United 1-1. They were probably my first 3. I was around 10/11.

First with mates was Oldham 84. 2-0 win.

Last edited:
Wembley. 1981 Cup final replay, 8 years old. Then first away football league ground was the take over of Boundary park in 1984( Oldham 2-2 City) What a mad day that was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.