First Away Game

Wembley 81 final - still got my flag framed above the stairs.

Middlesbrough in 83 in the league, went on the City special.

Boxing day at Stoke 88, what a great day for a 14 year old despite the result.

Stoke City 1996, Victoria Ground. Actually my first ever City game.

Dad was a born and bred Stoke fan and I had picked City off of TV in 1993 as a 4 year old because I clearly wanted an awful childhood.

I remember showing up as a 6/7 year-old with my City scarf in the Stoke end and my Dad awkwardly having to explain to those around us. Everyone was nice enough about it. Us losing 2-1 probably helped.

Notts County - I was 15 and my mate 14. We got the football special from Piccadilly. My mum and dad were away on holiday and my older sister was meant to be looking out for me. Didn’t even tell her I was going just decided on the morning of the game and off we went. Left early to get the train back and missed the goat scoring an equaliser. Only found out when some blues came past in a car hanging out of the windows to let us know.

71/72, Sheffield Utd away. 3:3 after leading 2 nil.
In the main (old wooden stand) with dad who kept telling me to shut up coz I was babbling excitedly the whole time giving a City centric commentary.
I shut up when a rather large guy turned round and asked my dad if he would take me home to help my mum with the washing up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.