First Away Game

I still regret going to that game.

I’d met a very attractive young lady the week before and she wouldn’t give me her number but said she’d take mine.

She rang me in the week and asked if I wanted to go out on the Saturday. Had to say.. Sorry, I’m going to Palace but I’m definitely interested.

Not heard from or seen her since.

Probably time to move on now I guess.
Ah, she’s just playing hard to get. Any day now..

Leeds around 1983 , can’t recall to much about he game but it was carnos before and after, remember it was standing behind the goal with seats at the back

Portsmouth away 1985...massive game...as our patched up injured side clung on to the faltering promotion push...that Paul Simpson lob that took about 3 weeks to go over Alan Knights head into the net..
Great win that, as they were one of our main rivals for promotion if memory serves me right. Fratton Park to me always felt a bit edgy and one of those grounds where you had to be on your guard back in those days. The home support always seemed pretty vocal down there too and we had good away support that day . There some celebrations when we scored (watched the goals on youtube again recently it was certainly a limbs' moment).
I also remember Alex Williams making an incredible save in front of us in the first half .
Admittedly i'd had a few pre match pints but at the time I was convinced he must have had extendable arms, a bit like that cartoon character with really long arms (Inspector Gadget was it?)

oct 1971, away at WBA, won 2-0, sure franny scored 1 cant remember the other scorer, anyway as the final whistle blew ran on the pitch and jumped on summerbees back

October 1974 a league cup tie at Old Trafford ,1-0 loss to a Gerry Daly penalty,think Peter Barney came on for his debut that evening if I remember correctly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.