First Away Game

Rotherham United on 31 August 1963. It was the first weekend match after relegation to Division Two.

City won 2-1 with both from Derek Kevan.

I was at school and went on a football special. Unfortunately idiots kept pulling the cord on the return journey.

Watched us get beat 4-1 by Middlesbrough in 1995. All I recall is being sit right next to the home fans and us scoring first. Miserable otherwise

I was hoping my first would be the 3-1 win at West Brom, but apparently that happened a couple of years later. I remember City fans singing Boing Boing Baggies with some comedian bouncing up and down the steps; and also singing I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside with the last line changed to, "where the brass band plays, fuck off West Brom"

Class day out
yes mate the WBA was 97 really sunny day and we performance remember Dalian Atkinson playing for us at that time, the boing boing city city was hilarious

Huddersfield away 87/88

Fell In love with the black and Red check kit that day.

Traditional old stadium with wooden stands where the Yorkie bastards were charging a couple of quid if you wanted to pad on your seat.

Lost 1-0.

Main memories was the old A to F scoreboard where some scores were out up by hand. And a man sitting behind me and my old man who spent most of the match trying to get the nearby steward to lose his shit.

Blackburn Away, April 1995, the season they won the Premier League. Looked like we'd given the rags a helping hand, but Rovers held on for the title! Seem to remember it was their only home defeat that season...? I remember Hendry scoring a screamer (of course), but we fought back to win 3-2 (I remember Curle penalty and the Walsh winner, but not sure who scored the 2nd...)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.