First Away Game

Mine was United in 1994, when Cantona scored twice in a 2-0 defeat. Have hated the place ever since.

My first away game was September 1962 at what we now call the swamp …. my mate Pete and I stood at the Stratford End to watch as tech City win 3-2 with almost the last kick of the match from the amazing Alex Harley … at the end of the season we were relegated after West Ham beat us 6-1 for the second time that season.

Come on City

With the lads no adult's - was 15

October 1982
League Cup
Wigan Athletic
Springfield Park
Drew 1-1

Tonnes of bricks thrown over into our end after game whilst we were kept in

Then a lil brawl in a local wigan chippy for asking for a chip Muffin and not a pie gave us away

Loved it went most aways during 80s 90s 00s

Using special or service trains

Mum (God rest her soul) buying dearer persil powder so we could have discounted national express tickets

Mayne Line a couple of times

Ooooh happy days

Watched us get beat 4-1 by Middlesbrough in 1995. All I recall is being sit right next to the home fans and us scoring first. Miserable otherwise

I was hoping my first would be the 3-1 win at West Brom, but apparently that happened a couple of years later. I remember City fans singing Boing Boing Baggies with some comedian bouncing up and down the steps; and also singing I Do Like to be Beside the Seaside with the last line changed to, "where the brass band plays, fuck off West Brom"

Class day out

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.