First ever Black Hole Picture

Could have used a better camera, it's not even in focus. No thought to artistic composition, and a bit of work in photoshop would reveal more of the detail. And if it was 26000 years ago, how come it's in colour? Colour pictures weren't invented until relatively recently

The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you.”

i don't think we have the intelligence to understand it,we have only scratched the surface with what we have found out up to now, even our minds cant deal with how vast the universe is,there is a video on you tube about how big earth is to other planets and starts off with us next to mars at the end we are the size of a pin head against a planet bigger than earth now that's some size comparison

When reading about things like this, it is the numbers that fascinate me. They're insane.

This what gets me as well, the scale of the universe can not be comprehended. While to us we are the centre of everything in truth we a little more than microbes being viewed by microbes in the grand scale.

The one that gets me is that we're actually photographing it as it was 26,000 years ago.
Actually, I just read about this and the picture posted earlier is M87, which is actually 53.49 million light years away, so we're actually seeing it as it was just after the dinosaurs became extinct.

This what gets me as well, the scale of the universe can not be comprehended. While to us we are the centre of everything in truth we a little more than microbes being viewed by microbes in the grand scale.

I enjoy reading about it. However, I am not quite sure I ever fully understand what is going on.

It is just so vast I can't, as you say, comprehend the numbers involved.

Actually, I just read about this and the picture posted earlier is M87, which is actually 53.49 million light years away, so we're actually seeing it as it was just after the dinosaurs became extinct.

so if you was there and had a powerful telescope you could see the last of the dinosaurs,,it would be worth hanging around the get that Aguero moment live again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.