First ever City game

mrt4919 said:
Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
First ever City game was against Sheffield United at Bramhall Lane in 1967.

My first game at Maine Road was against Reading in the FA Cup in January 1968.

I was a bit confused because City played in their purple away strip, and I kept asking my brother why?

He didn't know, and neither, to this day, do I. I'm still confused by it.

Sheffield United away.....A riot at that game, remember that we even had a write up in the Pink about the trouble afterwards. We took over the home end and pushed their fans down to the front. Remember bottles and bricks cascading down, the 6 fingered yorkshire clowns never knew what hit them. It was the moment in time when the Kippax started to flex its muscle.

I was only 9 years old at the time, and I don't remember much about the game, to be honest. I don't know what the stand is called, but we were behind the goal with the cricket pavillion to our left. My abiding memory of the game is a constant stream of
men being taken pitchside with blood flowing from wounds, with St Johns Ambulance people running all over the place.

It was a Sunday School trip to Sheffield. We had a game of football in the morning against a school team, whoever they were, then we went to watch City in the afternoon. We were at the front of the stand as was usual for kids in those days.

I wasn't worried or at all scared, but we had a pitch side view of all the action, and it went on all through the game and I remember I couldn't understand at the time why so many people had blood pouring out of them!

I've always had to pay for my own games and travel and with only being 16 (15 at the time) I had to save up £48.00 for the ticket and I forgot how much for travel to go and see QPR v City 13/05/12 - best game I have ever seen since!

I shed a tear when we was 2-1 down and when we equalized first I think I burst out crying with joy! and then I swore in the direction of QPR Fans and was screaming loud and got the attention of people around me - I was a bit too excited...

You should have seen me when "Aguerooooooooooooooo" happened.

Best day of my life!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3434" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... px?id=3434</a>

I'm not certain what my first City game was, I was only taken by my dad now n then in the 70's. I do remember seeing a team play in Burnley/Villa/Hammers colours early 70's. The first game I attended in my won right was this one however. Stood in the Kappax with my brother (he was 16yrs-old that very day!, I was 14) and 2 other mates in a comfortable 4-0 win.

My first match was a home win against wolves December 1984 - <a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3593" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... px?id=3593</a>

MCFCMATCHES
Manchester City vs Bolton Wanderers

Division Two (Old)
Sat 16 April 1966.

Score: W 4-1

Attendance: 29459

HW Dowd
R Kennedy
RC Sear
G Pardoe
GW Heslop
AA Oakes
M Summerbee
JA Crossan
M Doyle
C Bell
DR Connor
DR Connor
JA Crossan
R Kennedy
RC Sear
My first taste of the kippax street within the 1st minute I was hooked

My first ever City game was a pre-season friendly in 2006 against Shrewsbury Town. I can't remember anything about the match only leaving and talking to my Dad about it, been a City fan ever since.

4/10/69 W B A at home won 2-1 living in Wrexham (still do) and Dad not having a car, got the bus to central Manchester then walked to Maine Rd, living in a small mining community that walk in it's self was an education, it was my 9th birthday present to go to the match, got to say it was the best day of my life, 44 years on and all the ups and down of being City, now take my Daughter to watch City, character building.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.