First Game, Traveling Down From Edinburgh (Football Tourist alert)

broonStar

Team supported
Hibernian
Hi There,

I'm considering buying my son tickets for the Everton Game on boxing day as a Christmas present. We'll be traveling down from Edinburgh, by car most likely, on the day of the match, and I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone have any experience of using after sales sites for matches at the Etihad, and are any better than others? I'm currently looking at 2 from StubHub.ie in section 240 (shortside upper tier) which I assume is with home supporters.

I need a hotel for a night after the game and was considering either the Ibis or Leonardo as they are closest to the ground. Is this is an OK area to stay for access to food and for parking my car over night?

Cheers C

I assume you are referring to the Ibis Budget at New Islington. It’s not bad if rather basic but there isn’t anywhere to eat near there.

I have stayed there several times but I am not sure if there is any parking available. I would suggest either staying in the City Centre and get the tram out to the match but that leaves you with a problem for overnight parking.

Alternatively you could stay at the Travel Lodge at Ashton Moss. You can leave your car in the car park at the hotel and get the tram to the match. If you get a day ticket on the team you could then go to the centre to eat and then back to the hotel.

Hi There,

I'm considering buying my son tickets for the Everton Game on boxing day as a Christmas present. We'll be traveling down from Edinburgh, by car most likely, on the day of the match, and I have a couple of questions.

Does anyone have any experience of using after sales sites for matches at the Etihad, and are any better than others? I'm currently looking at 2 from StubHub.ie in section 240 (shortside upper tier) which I assume is with home supporters.

I need a hotel for a night after the game and was considering either the Ibis or Leonardo as they are closest to the ground. Is this is an OK area to stay for access to food and for parking my car over night?

Cheers C
How much are the 2 tickets on Stub Hub?

Hi There,

Cheers C
We are regular match goers from Edinburgh. (Me and Mrs). Over the seasons we have tried every permutation of travel, parking and hotels. The Leanardo is ok but a brisk 25 minute walk and there is parking ten minutes away at Piccadilly long stay (book in advance) we do find parking in the club car park and staying in a premier inn in Bolton or Chorley is the least hassle and it gives you a good head start for the return journey. You might consider that if you aren’t that fussed at experiencing the bright lights of downtown Manchester. Tebay service station is a brilliant pit stop for breakfast or quality butchers meat at reasonable prices (yes honestly). We invariably miss traffic by turning left on the m60. Your satnav will suggest right. Come off the M60 at junction 20 and hit the Etihad from Blackley direction. That’s the best way out too if you’re not staying in town. Hope you and your son enjoy.

Oh. And avoid the tram after the game.

Hi There,

Cheers C
cheaper hotels in stockport with parking, 10 min on train to piccadilly.

parking is very cheap on rochdale road in manchester. So could leave car there and stay in a city centre hotel if u prefer that.

getting to staduim 8 quid in a uber from city centre.

Hi There,

Cheers C

no hibs are welcome here! :-D

I would hold off buying a ticket just now, usually the games around boxing day are switched for tv. Amazon the last few years

no hibs are welcome here! :-D

I would hold off buying a ticket just now, usually the games around boxing day are switched for tv. Amazon the last few years
My thoughts exactly. There's a high chance most PL fixtures will be messed around with. Don't book tickets or accommodation until the date and time are finalised.

Edit: Block 240 is in with the home fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.