First Game, who do you think, who would you like?

Re: First up

sergiokun said:
Is that your guess?

It has to be a guess. Even if he'd had a leak about the actual fixtures on the first day, it's the TV companies - after reviewing the fixture list, which they don't get early access to either - who would decide whether we're playing an early kick-off or not. Besides, drawing up the fixture list is hard. I saw an interview with the guy who does the draws somewhere - 442 magazine or something - a year or two back and he commented that you can't automate the draw, there's just far too many factors which affect when one game can be played and when another can't. The fixtures would be released earlier but it takes virtually all the time allocated to finish the thing.

sergiokun said:
Is that your guess?

YEP.

I said Southampton away last year late Saturday kick off.

You can put your house it won't be a 3.00pm Saturday kick off.

We won't get three home starters on the spin but we should get a third on the bounce at a promoted side.

Falastur said:
sergiokun said:
Is that your guess?

It has to be a guess. Even if he'd had a leak about the actual fixtures on the first day, it's the TV companies - after reviewing the fixture list, which they don't get early access to either - who would decide whether we're playing an early kick-off or not. Besides, drawing up the fixture list is hard. I saw an interview with the guy who does the draws somewhere - 442 magazine or something - a year or two back and he commented that you can't automate the draw, there's just far too many factors which affect when one game can be played and when another can't. The fixtures would be released earlier but it takes virtually all the time allocated to finish the thing.

They do automate it with contingencies , it called numerical methods in mathematics or project planning similar to the Newton Raphson method but its linear rather than non linear.

Computer programming using these simplex methods determine the draw with some manual fine tuning more so regarding dates of return fixtures.

The reality is that the fixtures can be released earlier if the FA wanted to.
The non 3.00pm Saturday games of which there are minimum of 3 a round for the vast majority of rounds are only decided upon initially at least until the first week in December.

The schedules only change because of priority given to games involving teams in Europe.

I'd take United and Moyes' Boys at Old Trafford as our first game. It would never happen but would be great to get it out of the way and save the second leg at home to end the season.

I've thought about this a bit and I'd like to get a 'difficult' away game first. away to chelsea, red scousers, everton, arse or spurs.
at worst we lose & the lads get an early wake up call
but we may get a great 3 points from a difficult match which will anyway be done with, good reuslt or not

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.