First game....

City v Leeds 1974. Fckin great game. The King scored the winner at the North Stand end where I was sat. Think it was Cloughies first game with Dirty Leeds. Even made it on telly the next day at the zoom in to cute kid in crowd shot...more chance of getting on Crimewatch now! Fckin magic and no wonder I was hooked.

Rags at home Sept 1967.
8 years old sat on a barrier with my dad, a lifelong blue, hanging onto me for dear life!
We lost 1-2 King Colin for us, Charlton for them.
We had the last laugh though....

Mine was 13 March 1970 (I think)

City 1

West Ham 5

What a welcome to The First Division

Bell Lee Sunnerbee etc

And Greaves Hurst Peters Moore etc

Beaten but hooked

50 years later still loving it !
Close - it was 21 March! The infamous Ron Boyce goal from near the half way line past a bemused Joe Corrigan, who had just taken a clearance and was sauntering back to his goal, when the ball went sailing past him into the net! If you look at the history section, there's a brief video of the match. The pitch was immaculate.

Would you believe that we won the away match 4-0 earlier in the season? On the way home from London, it was foggy all the way back, and we got home about 8am, as we had to stop on the motorway services as we just couldn't see!

Don't remember anything of my first match. My birthday is in mid April, so it must have been the last home match of the 1958/59 season.
I was 9!!

Boxing Day 1977 at home to Newcastle. My dad was a red, but relented and took me as a Christmas present. For those old enough, you will know it was the game Colin Bell came back from injury as a sub. I was young and the significance was lost on me if I’m honest, but I remember my dad saying I had seen a historic City moment at my first game, and we won.

Close - it was 21 March! The infamous Ron Boyce goal from the near half way line past a bemused Joe Corrigan, who had just taken a clearance and was sauntering back to his goal, when the ball went sailing past him into the net! If you look at the history section, there's a brief video of the match. The pitch was immaculate.

Would you believe that we won the away match 4-0 earlier in the season? On the way home from London, it was foggy all the way back. and got home about 8am, as we had to stop on the motorway services as we just couldn't see!

Don't remember anything of my first match. My birthday is in mid April, so it must have been the last home match of the 1958/59 season.
I was 9!!
Aha thanks My Memory let me down there

Rags at home Sept 1967.
8 years old sat on a barrier with my dad, a lifelong blue, hanging onto me for dear life!
We lost 1-2 King Colin for us, Charlton for them.
We had the last laugh though....

Bobby Charlton been diagnosed with dementia today ....

Mine was 13 March 1970 (I think)

City 1

West Ham 5

What a welcome to The First Division

Bell Lee Sunnerbee etc

And Greaves Hurst Peters Moore etc

Beaten but hooked

50 years later still loving it !

Yep i remember that game very well, i was there too ... iin fact i'm still in shock from it!

My first game was at Maine Road way back around 1964. I was 9yrs old. One of why dad's friends took me. We stood on the old score board end, If I remember correctly, I think it was a 1-1draw with Bury. Four years later was my second match in the 1967/68 season at home to Leicester City. In goal for Leicester that day was Peter Shilton. We won the game by a score of 6-0. We went on to win the First Division title by beating Newcastle United. While our neighbours lost to Sunderland.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.