First Gig

PistonBlue said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
TheCorrsRunawaySingle.jpg

1999 I think.

Yes, I have just admitted that.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to your recovery, well done.

The year after I went to Backstreet Boys.

And I saw them again about four years ago, which was a birthday present, I turned 27.

Coming from the arse-end of nowhere, I didn't see anyone famous until I went to uni. The first gig was Girls Aloud, with the disclaimer that it was part of our end of year party. They were shit. Shouted their way through 4 songs then fucked off. The first band that I specifically bought a ticket for was Sigur Ros. They were ridiculously good.

Timmmmahhhh said:
PistonBlue said:
Timmmmahhhh said:
TheCorrsRunawaySingle.jpg

1999 I think.

Yes, I have just admitted that.

Admitting you have a problem is the first step to your recovery, well done.

The year after I went to Backstreet Boys.

And I saw them again about four years ago, which was a birthday present, I turned 27.

You're too far gone.
Next

BigJimLittleJim said:
Danny Hoekman said:
UK Subs at the University. Would have been 1979.

I think I went to that, but it was a matinee performance in the afternoon - and I think it may have been at the Poly, but it's all a bit hazy now - I think some members of Blitz turned up for it too.

I saw them last year in Leeds, still rocking it, more than I am anyway :(

I think you may be right now you mention it. I remember it being during the day now.

Also went to a few at The Mayflower after that....The Exploited and Discharge come to mind. As you say "all a bit hazy now"!

Inspiral Carpets supported by The High, Aston Villa Leisure Centre, June 1991.

Quickly followed by Carter USM & The Family Cat, Wolves Civic.

The Rezillos, The Undertones & Joy Division, Brunel University 1978.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.