first gigs

First: Mott The Hoople (Queen as support) age 13 @ Opera House

Second: RAK Records Package Tour, feat Suzi Quatro, The Arrows and Cozy Powell's Hammer ... Hardrock, Stre*ford (Now a B&Q)

Third: Queen @ Palace

Fourth: Tangerine Dream @ Hardrock

Fifth: The Who @ King's Hall Belle Vue

That Who gig was my third.

Second was Sparks @ FTH

Fourth was Blue Oyster Cult @ FTH

Fifth was Queen @ FTH.

I think Robin Trower gig was sixth.

I think my first gig was Crass at the Mayflower club in Hulme, 79 IIRC.
i went to that. 1980 mate.
english-anarchopunk-group-crass-performing-at-the-mayflower-club-picture-id109890328

zoundz and poison girls supported.

here's a recording of it

i used to knock about with denø from d.i.r.t. and often stayed with crass in epping forest.

i went to that. 1980 mate.
english-anarchopunk-group-crass-performing-at-the-mayflower-club-picture-id109890328

zoundz and poison girls supported.

here's a recording of it

i used to knock about with denø from d.i.r.t. and often stayed with crass in epping forest.

Don't think I could listen to that again used to hammer feeding of the 5000 .if you wrote to the band they used to send you badges back think our whole school wrote to them.
Ordered that record from a shop that used to advertise in sounds newspaper always had the coloured vinyls PIC disc imports etc .
Any idea what it was called

Don't think I could listen to that again used to hammer feeding of the 5000 .if you wrote to the band they used to send you badges back think our whole school wrote to them.
Ordered that record from a shop that used to advertise in sounds newspaper always had the coloured vinyls PIC disc imports etc .
Any idea what it was called
robinson's?

Not my first but was one of the earliest I saw were Dead Kennedys at Mcr Polly in 80. They were a fantastic live American punk band, full of energy, sang some great tracks. I was 3rd into the place going straight to the front, eagerly awaiting Jello Biafra and the rest of the band perform Holiday in Cambodia, California Uberales, and kill the poor, amongst other great punk tunes. 600 frenzied punks were pogo-ing about whilst I was getting crushed against scaffolding barriers at the front.

Not my favourite band, but the best punk gig I've ever seen, and I've seen some good punk bands down the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.