first gigs

You are clearly a man of taste and discernment.

I may have Robin Trower out of sequence: he may in fact have been my fourth gig.

Supertramp supported by Joan Armatrading was another gig I went to at end of November 1975, like Cult and Queen. That was when my gig going really started to ramp up and 41 years later it is still going fairly strong, just got home from taking wife and daughters to see Catfish and the Bottlemen at Wembley Arena.
I saw Trower three times at the FTH, one of them being the night before we won the League Cup in 76.
Queen at the FTH was the day they hit no.1 with Bohemian Rhapsody, and they went downhill after that Imo.
Saw loads at the FTH, Kiss were ridiculous, a stadium rick band in that venue! They nearly set fire to the place.
Don't go nearly as often now because the prices are ridiculous and the people there dicks. Although I shall be watching the Cure week after next and hopefully Nick Cave next year.

The Style Council at the Apollo about 87, I was about 15. A few months later The Man From Delmonte at Bury Met Bar.
Both events even though very different got me really pumped up for live music.

Same as Barcon
The Clash Elizabethan ballroom Belle vue 77
I was at the Buzzcocks gig at the Mayflower in 78 as well.

I saw Trower three times at the FTH, one of them being the night before we won the League Cup in 76.
Queen at the FTH was the day they hit no.1 with Bohemian Rhapsody, and they went downhill after that Imo.
Saw loads at the FTH, Kiss were ridiculous, a stadium rick band in that venue! They nearly set fire to the place.
Don't go nearly as often now because the prices are ridiculous and the people there dicks. Although I shall be watching the Cure week after next and hopefully Nick Cave next year.

Only saw Trower once @ FTH but it was a very good gig; saw him a few years later at the Apollo and it was not a patch.

I saw every Queen tour from that point but it's definitely the early stuff I love.

I adore Kiss and the love affair started @ the FTH. I know Mr Trick wasn't impressed but they literally blew me away. I was in the circle and the heat from the flame columns nearly singed my eyebrows. Still got my program signed by Paul Stanley.

Only saw Trower once @ FTH but it was a very good gig; saw him a few years later at the Apollo and it was not a patch.

I saw every Queen tour from that point but it's definitely the early stuff I love.

I adore Kiss and the love affair started @ the FTH. I know Mr Trick wasn't impressed but they literally blew me away. I was in the circle and the heat from the flame columns nearly singed my eyebrows. Still got my program signed by Paul Stanley.

Saw Kiss for the first time in 2010 in Manchester, absolutely ridiculous and absolutely fantastic. Im not a huge fan of their music but i could watch that same gig over and over, it was brilliant. I only wish i was around to see them in their prime

Thompson Twins at the Apollo on the night Luton put us down in 83. Went straight there after the match after meeting my cousin near the Whitworth pub

First proper gig was New Order at the Hacienda around 85

saw the Thompson Twins twice in Edinburgh there was about 20 of them on stage at that time

Same as Barcon
The Clash Elizabethan ballroom Belle vue 77
I was at the Buzzcocks gig at the Mayflower in 78 as well.

Did you go back to Belle Vue for this one?

400-7898.jpg

I just realized that I saw Buzzcocks three times before I turned 15.

My mate worked behind the bar in Tiffany’s in Edinburgh , if you paid for the round with a fiver he gave you change of a tenner – loads back then

They had gigs every Monday and saw ( off the top of my head)

Costello

Live Stiff tour

Members

Banshees

Skids

Simple Minds

Albertos

Police

UB40

Two Tone Tour

Steel Pulse

Electric Chairs

Joe Jackson

Blockheads

Ruts

Graham Parker

U2

Undertones

And loads of others

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.