First Pub and club you visited.

First proper sesh was with my big bruv at a home match in the mid to late eighties. I'd have been 16/17 but looked about 14, wouldn't have got served anywhere if not for the older company. After trying and failing to keep up with our kid and his mates in the Strawberry Duck in Clayton, then The Claremont, all Joey Holts, I meandered up Claremont Road. Got to the ground and swayed unsteadily in the corner bit of the Kippax for a couple of hours while the match played itself out.

Afterward was the City Social, City Gates (or was it City Inn? the one on Hyde Road near the bus depot), on to Ashton Old Road for the Travellers Call, The Foresters, The Raglan, Half Way House on the new road then back to the Duck, where I yakked all over my jeans and was taken home. Not actually home cos my mum would have killed my bruv for the state I was in, I crashed on his sofa while he put my clothes in the washer. Not a bad first effort.

First pub was The Royal Oak on Manchester Rd in Werneth, Oldham. Club was The Candlelight in Oldham - back end of the '70s

My first pub was The Clock Face in Beswick at around 15/16, bleeding great pub it was as well with two big rooms one with 2 pool tables in (i love playing pool so it was heaven for me). Its such a bleeding shame the council closed it down for the bullshit excuse that they wanted to build houses on the site. All these years on and its still nothing but derelict ground the fucking cunts.

My first club would of been the Amber club in newton heath on ashton old road. I picked up my first slapper in there when i was around 16 and she was around her mid 20's :-) fucking great it was.

first pub on my own was the top jolly in denton, when i was 15/16,
never went clubbing till i was 18, i think it was atomic in ashton. shockingly bad.

LongLang said:
first pub on my own was the top jolly in denton, when i was 15/16,
never went clubbing till i was 18, i think it was atomic in ashton. shockingly bad.

Spent far too many Thursdays in Atomic!!

t-pott said:
The Oddfellows arms in openshaw, The Lord Raglan openshaw, Royal Oak Gorton and Abbey Hey working mens club......Quality. Night club was Saturdays......
the oddies along with the concert must have served the best pint of boddies anywhere in the land.i seem to remember the oddies not having a spirits licence so only sol beer and wines.i could be wrong AGAIN

ist pub was the bird in hand in back whit lane salford, then catholic club on culcheth lane newton heath. club wise mr smiths around 1970, trying to look older i put a shirt and tie on.i got in so worth the street cred(they did'nt call it that back then)taking a hit.

de niro said:
ist pub was the bird in hand in back whit lane salford, then catholic club on culcheth lane newton heath. club wise mr smiths around 1970, trying to look older i put a shirt and tie on.i got in so worth the street cred(they did'nt call it that back then)taking a hit.
My uncle used to compere in there - if it's the one opposite the church - happy days.

mid seventies .....

Gamecock pub ....... nr Boundary Lane , Hulme (long gone now)

Pheonix pub/club ..... corner of Oxford Road/Booth Street

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.