First Trip to Etihad!

Lots of good advice. The easiest way to get the tickets will be by joining your local Supporters Club Branch. The Branch Secretary can give Kevin Parker the heads up that you will need 4 tickets together.

Purely for info, the Branch I run has several members from the States because we are connected to a US Base in Yorkshire.

I agree that Mary D’s is the place to be before or after the game. Try Tony’s Chippy if it’s open too. I agree with the National Football Museum.

If you have time to get a gist of what we are about there are the Science and Technology and Industry Museums in Castlefields. There’s also the Lowry museum nest the swamp.
I have tried joining the branch through the website but am unable to for some reason. I keep getting an error and I've literally filled everything out. Not sure why.

Don't know where you'll be staying, but if it's kind of central, it's great to walk out to the ground along the Ashton canal towpath. You can pick it up at Ducie Street (close to Piccadilly station, google map it). Real old industrial revolution canal — black as pitch, aggressive Canada geese on the towpath (sometimes), walking past semi-derelict brick warehouses (and some that have been really tarted up, especially at the New Islington end) where you can hear some amateur band bashing out thrash rock in endless rehearsal, ducking under brick arched bridges so low that you'd bash your head if you're anything over 5'10". Much more interesting than walking along the road or catching the bus. If you like walking. Count about 20 minutes walking briskly, more like 25 at a leisurely pace (I'm nearly 70).
For me, it's the closest thing to replicating the experience of walking down Dickinson Road after I got off the old 92 at Longsight in the direction of the Maine Road stadium. This will not mean a lot to you, but it means a lot to me. First glimpse of those gloriously high floodlights, especially if they were already on, and my pace would quicken. First glimpse of the north end of the Etihad from that towpath, same thing happens. It's somatic. I have no choice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.