First Trip to Etihad!

So, I told a buddy of mine I wanted to go March 2nd. There's probably not a single game I'd rather be at than that one. His response was to give up the dream that there was no way I was getting tickets to a Derby lol. So I've since settled on September 23rd vs Nottm Forest

Yes good choice.

Hopefully you’ll see lots of goals going in the right net.

Take the CFA campus and stadium tour prior to the match, it is genuinely good.

Book accommodations well away from the stadium and explore the City without a structured plan at least one day you are there. This applies to nearly every city, but the best experiences on your travels are usually accidental discoveries.

But stay away from Chinatown at night and Piccadilly Gardens basically any time.

As much as we complain about the trams, make use of them whilst you are visiting. They are still much better than most public transport in the US (I’ve sampled transport in NYC, Boston, DC, Chicago, Charlotte, Seattle, and LA, so I can say that with confidence).

Go to Mary D’s for exactly one pint. Once you’ve finished it, leave and never go back.

Pick up your City gear in the Arndale not the club shop by the stadium, as the latter is jammed on match days.

Check out Evelyn’s for none football-related eating, especially if anyone in your group has dietary restrictions. My missus has many restrictions and it remains one of the best (few) places I could take her for a meal. Great stage and the owners are sound, as well.

City Arms is a decent place for a pint, as is The Millstone.

There are some interesting things to see and shopping in NQ, but I would suggest only walking round there during the day.

Not sure how long you are there, and your other interests, but we have some interesting architecture these days if you are in to archphotoging, and I personally think the National Football Museum, People’s History Museum, and Science & Industry Museum are all great visits.
You are absolutely awesome for this. Thank you. Everything you said has been noted. I cannot wait to experience it and thanks again for all the recommendations.

If you get Cityzen Matchday Memberships you will get Forest tickets when they go on general sale. Tickets are harder to come by these days, and nearly all matches sell out eventually, but you'll be fine for that I'm sure.

Match day: have a drink in the Crown and Anchor, wander up the canal to Mary D's for a pint, have chips at Mac's chippy, have a drink in the south stand bar, aim for tickets in the south stand lower. Don't buy a half and half scarf.

Football museum + people's history museum will give you a good sense of the history of Manchester and the sport. Plenty of things you can do in and around Manchester if you fancy further recs.

If you get Cityzen Matchday Memberships you will get Forest tickets when they go on general sale. Tickets are harder to come by these days, and nearly all matches sell out eventually, but you'll be fine for that I'm sure.

Match day: have a drink in the Crown and Anchor, wander up the canal to Mary D's for a pint, have chips at Mac's chippy, have a drink in the south stand bar, aim for tickets in the south stand lower. Don't buy a half and half scarf.

Football museum + people's history museum will give you a good sense of the history of Manchester and the sport. Plenty of things you can do in and around Manchester if you fancy further recs.
Love this! Thank you and I will take all of that into consideration. South Stand seems to be THE place to sit. I will also look into the membership which I did see on the site while searching for tickets that aren't even on sale yet lol. But because of this thread I now know why.

If each person buys a Cityzens matchday membership (£35) you will have a good chance of getting 4 for Forest when they go on sale. Depending on your dates you may even be here for a Champions league home match on the 19/20th
Wow! I didn't even think of this. The 20th is my Birthday so now my trip just became more expensive! haha Thanks for the recommendation and I am looking into the membership as we speak. Take care!

Would you all agree it's close to impossible to get 4 tickets to the Derby on March 2nd? Also would going against a team like Nottm Forest be any less of an experience? I know for sure I'm going to enjoy myself regardless, especially with a win. But I'd like for the stadium to be packed out.
I think of you did manage to get four tickets together for the derby there would be a few on here that would plot to take them off you. ;-)

If you do the Stadium tour, do it on a non matchday, otherwise the Dressing room will be off limits for obvious reasons.

September is a good time, if it's sunny there will be plenty of pubs and bars with outside seating.

Pre-match I'd recommend some drinks in and around the Northern Quarter and Ancoats always lots of City fans milling around.

There will be plenty walking to and from the ground for you to follow without having to keep your eyes stuck to google maps.

Half an hour is enough in Mary D's 1 pint, few songs and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.