First Trip to Etihad!

I have tried joining the branch through the website but am unable to for some reason. I keep getting an error and I've literally filled everything out. Not sure why.
The membership portal is being updated at the moment. You will probably be able to request membership of your local Branch from next week. I will message you when I get confirmation the system is back up and running.

I’ve read through almost all the comments and some great suggestions on here. I’m a little nervous though because I’m only going to be in England for the first home game of the season vs Newcastle and the following game vs Sheffield away. I’d absolutely LOVE to attend both. Do I stand a chance?

I need two seats together for Newcastle and just the one ticket to Sheffield. We both have Matchday memberships and I’ve joined the wait list for the hospitality packages as a Plan B. Do I stand a chance to get tickets to the first home game of the season and Sheffield away?

Would love to get seats in the south stand for a great atmosphere but I’ll take whatever I can get at this stage. Any other advice/suggestions would be hugely appreciated. I can’t fkn wait but the nerves are making me sick

I’ve read through almost all the comments and some great suggestions on here. I’m a little nervous though because I’m only going to be in England for the first home game of the season vs Newcastle and the following game vs Sheffield away. I’d absolutely LOVE to attend both. Do I stand a chance?

I need two seats together for Newcastle and just the one ticket to Sheffield. We both have Matchday memberships and I’ve joined the wait list for the hospitality packages as a Plan B. Do I stand a chance to get tickets to the first home game of the season and Sheffield away?

Would love to get seats in the south stand for a great atmosphere but I’ll take whatever I can get at this stage. Any other advice/suggestions would be hugely appreciated. I can’t fkn wait but the nerves are making me sick

I would have thought you're chances are good. For the seats together, sit anywhere you can. If you get choosy about sitting in a certain stand, you're limiting your chances (you can't sit in the family stand, unless you've got kids with you). If the atmosphere isn't good everywhere in the ground for the first home game of the season, for the champions of England and Europe and the F.A. Cup holders, then I give up on City.

I would have thought you're chances are good. For the seats together, sit anywhere you can. If you get choosy about sitting in a certain stand, you're limiting your chances (you can't sit in the family stand, unless you've got kids with you). If the atmosphere isn't good everywhere in the ground for the first home game of the season, for the champions of England and Europe and the F.A. Cup holders, then I give up on City.
Yeah that’s a really good point. The whole place should be absolutely bouncing and I can’t wait. I’ll definitely take anything I can get.

The website currently says “tickets coming soon”. I’ve been checking daily and driving myself mad. Out of interest, do you know roughly when the tickets will be released for sale?

If they go into a shop in Manchester and ask for a muffin they will come out with a cake! In order to fit in they have to ask for a Barm Cake
If I go in a chippy and ask for a chip muffin, they have never put my chips on a cake.

Yeah that’s a really good point. The whole place should be absolutely bouncing and I can’t wait. I’ll definitely take anything I can get.

The website currently says “tickets coming soon”. I’ve been checking daily and driving myself mad. Out of interest, do you know roughly when the tickets will be released for sale?

Not a scooby, mate. Won't be long, I think. Some time in early July?
For what it's worth, before I got a season card, I was usually able to get a seat somewhere in the ground for virtually everything, except, of course, the derby game. But that goes back several years, now. Worked out expensive, mind: £60 and upwards for the matches against Liverpool and Chelsea, for instance. After their dire seasons respectively, perhaps it'll be cheaper for them … ;-)

Not a scooby, mate. Won't be long, I think. Some time in early July?
For what it's worth, before I got a season card, I was usually able to get a seat somewhere in the ground for virtually everything, except, of course, the derby game. But that goes back several years, now. Worked out expensive, mind: £60 and upwards for the matches against Liverpool and Chelsea, for instance. After their dire seasons respectively, perhaps it'll be cheaper for them … ;-)
Really appreciate your help mate. Hopefully going to be an experience I’ll never forget

Very helpful and some different ideas than all the ones I've been given so far. Thank you!

No worries. I’d also say mate, if you can, try and get tickets in the south stand level 1, block 115-118. It’s by far the best atmosphere in the ground. There’s also a pub in that section too, with seating and a DJ. The atmosphere is brilliant, especially at half time. Its also really quick and easy to get served for food and drinks.

It was changed to safe standing this season too, but that makes the experience a lot better. Everyone stands for the whole game, but there’s rails in-front to lean on. Because it’s all standing, people move around too, so you wouldn’t necessarily have to get all tickets together. My mate stands with me every game and his seat number is somewhere else. As long as you’re all in level 1 in those blocks you can be together in the stand.

If you did get tickets their, whatever you do, do not get a half and half scarf! You will get a lot of dirty looks. If you buy anything related to City, go to the store in the Arndale centre, it’s less busy, and they sell some retro shirts their too from like the 80’s, 90’s, which is quite popular with a lot of people. We love to appreciate the players from our lower past.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.