First Trip to Etihad!

I do not. I'll be totally honest, I don't even know what that is (please dont laugh) haha. I have tried finding tickets online and it has been a struggle. That is one of the main reasons I came to the forum. Was to get help with purchasing tickets.
What city / town do you live in. There maybe a supporters club near you.

Enjoy the trip! I've been going over from the Boston area for matches since 2016 and can't wait for my next trip which might also be for the Forrest match. I fly into Manchester, get the train into Manchester Piccadilly and stay at the Premier Inn that is about a 5 minute walk from the train station. No need for a car. Premier Inn is nothing special, but it is good and convenient. About a 20-25 minute walk from there to the Etihad, and I recommend walking to and from with the crowds.

I always try to get tickets in the third tier and can usually get seats around midfield for a match like Forrest. I like the view from higher up where I can watch the whole pitch. Also, you are protected from the rain up there. I'd recommend combining the Etihad tour and shopping on a non match day.

The Piccadilly Tap, located between the train station and the Premier Inn, is a great place for a pint or two and has a good selection of ales and beers on tap. The Crown and Anchor is also a great spot for a pint. Some good restaurants around depending on what you like for food.

The Football Museum is a must as others have said as well as the People's History Museum. Glad to recommend a few others depending on your interests. The canal walks are nice on a good day. If you like to hike/walk/ramble, the Peak District is a 45 minute train ride away. Take the train to Edale and walk 10 minutes and your in the hills. On your way back to the train stop in at the Rambler Inn for a pint before you get back on the train.

Well, that's all for now. Glad to answer any questions I can. Cheers!
This is perfect! Thanks so much for the recommendations. Great to know someone from the states has been doing exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm a New Yorker relocated to Florida years back but I am having some trouble joining
There is so much to see and do in and around Manchester

You will find that Mancunians are quite a friendly bunch but do have a dark sense of humour (my sister who has lived in the states for years always notices this when she comes home)

I hope you have a great time, you will certainly get the more authentic football experience, even though it's changing the vast majority of fans come from a radius of 50 miles of Manchester I know that's a short stroll for most americans but within that 50 miles there will be 20 different accents, bread rolls will be called something different in every town (and families will fall out over them, it's a Barm Cake anyway)

Do feel free to ask more questions the knowledge on this forum is 2nd to none
You absolutely right. I came on here hoping for a few answers back. Yet here I am feeling still replying on about the 10th page since the original post. I love this club and it's fanbase, it's part of what has made me a fan forever. Balotelli reeled me in but the City fans and their passion is what caused the obsession.

Book a tour of Chetham's Library. It's in the oldest remaining building in Manchester and there's some history in there. Took some American visitors a few months ago and they loved it. Also it's next to the National Football Museum.
This is the one thing I knew I was going to do as soon as I looked at things in the area. My wife is obsessed with books and I knew I was going to make a stop there. Thank you!

What city / town do you live in. There maybe a supporters club near you.
I live in Saint Augustine, FL. I tried applying and have been getting an error message. I reached out to someone on the City site and I am receiving some assistance trying to get things sorted out. So Hopefully I'll be added soon.

The membership portal is being updated at the moment. You will probably be able to request membership of your local Branch from next week. I will message you when I get confirmation the system is back up and running.
Thank you very much! I appreciate that.

The software's probably got you flagged as a rag.

JJ…
I guess that's next, learning the lingo. You see I'm a big Hockey fan and my team is the NY Rangers. So when I hear someone call me a Rags fan it usually means war. But I know you great people of Manchester are not into insults. You're all fantastic human beings so, no way I'll get any of those thrown my way :)

I guess that's next, learning the lingo. You see I'm a big Hockey fan and my team is the NY Rangers. So when I hear someone call me a Rags fan it usually means war. But I know you great people of Manchester are not into insults. You're all fantastic human beings so, no way I'll get any of those thrown my way :)
This is the only reference to learning the Mancunian vernacular that you will need. Copy this and you’ll be sorted, ‘r kid!

I live in Saint Augustine, FL. I tried applying and have been getting an error message. I reached out to someone on the City site and I am receiving some assistance trying to get things sorted out. So Hopefully I'll be added soon.
There is a supporters club in St Augustine run by a mate of mine Paul, they meet in Ann O'Malley's.
I was there a few weeks back. Beautiful town.
I will message you his number. Join the SC and you can access the tickets.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.