"Five trophies in five years"

I don't think it was a serious comment, I mean you'd have to be mischievous to state something like that publicly, but it will be interesting to see how they deal with the flak from the press about it over the coming years.

Maybe they like winding the press up on the quiet, and enjoy chuckling among themselves at the outrage.

And to answer the OP, no, I don't think it's realistic. I'd love it if it happens, but I don't think we will. Time will tell, though.

Unless they give our next manager some serious cash I think they are being slightly too ambitious there. The league is getting harder to win with more teams strengthening and Europe is also getting tougher to win.

If we don't get this very high target then every manager will be sacked from now on in unless they do. Problem is many don't count the League cup or value the FA cup enough, they will move the goalposts on this guaranteed!

I haven't checked but I would have thought that Barcelona, Madrid and Man Utd must average around one trophy per season. I would guess that Real Madrid and Chelsea would also come close. If we want to be considered in the same way then we must be aiming for the same level of success. Pesonally, however, I believe that Sorriano knows you can't set trophy targets in stone and his comments around the style of play and the club's overall approach were more significant.

Re: "Five trophies in five years"

Nothing wrong with having ambition, and if they set the expectation before the manager signs his contract he knows what he is walking into...

Re:

Preston Blue1970 said:
Nothing wrong with having ambition, and if they set the expectation before the manager signs his contract he knows what he is walking into...
Spot on

Cannot see us winning a sausage this next season so 5 is a bit far fetched. You cannot chop and change your manager like we are setting out to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.