Five years ago today | City 2 Liverpool 1

HfUPtmv.gif

There is a video of someone walking through one of the neighborhoods with the Etihad lit up in the background. The sound from about a mile away was still immense!

Brilliant game, brilliant result, brilliant advert for English football…and the fact that it stopped them being Invincibles and Champions and was, instead, our own springboard to the title only makes it even sweeter!

Remember having a Manchester radio chamnel on outside with the log burner going in the garden New Year's Eve with fireworks blasting overhead and Oasis Rock N Roll Star came on as the first tune after the bells had tolled.
I gave Mrs k a kiss and said it's an omen hearing oasis as first tune of the year, we'll beat the Dippers in a couple of days time and cut their lead back.
What a game and what big bollocks our lads had to go on the run we did after that game to ruin the dippers and media that year.

What’s incredible to me is that we had 3 all time greats in that Team who no longer play for us (Vinny, Sergio, David) and still remain the best team in the land (and now all the world of course)

Because Pep is still here. For all the love that our legends get on this thread, the one who made them all tick (and still does) gets hardly any mentions. To reshape the team while losing such greats (on and off the pitch) and keep them motivated to go for it again and again is probably his greatest skill, apart from obviously reinventing the game. GOAT.

I also want to say that — because I was in the stadium I think — I was really tense right through our Boxing Day game with them in 2013. Suarez was absolutely on fire at that period in the season, and I knew that we had to win it to stay in the race. That also was a mighty match with them. And a happy ending, both in the match. And in the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.