Five years ago today | City 2 Liverpool 1

I also want to say that — because I was in the stadium I think — I was really tense right through our Boxing Day game with them in 2013. Suarez was absolutely on fire at that period in the season, and I knew that we had to win it to stay in the race. That also was a mighty match with them. And a happy ending, both in the match. And in the season.
One thing I recall about that game was a Sterling goal (for Liverpool) being incorrectly ruled out for offside only for them to take the lead anyway a few minutes later.
The dippers idiotically moaned that they should have been two goals up without taking into account that everything would subsequently have panned out differently had the offside goal been allowed to stand.

Bernardo had the game of his life, he was simply magnificent and clocked 13.7 km in the match. Our little duracell bunny.

One thing I recall about that game was a Sterling goal (for Liverpool) being incorrectly ruled out for offside only for them to take the lead anyway a few minutes later.
The dippers idiotically moaned that they should have been two goals up without taking into account that everything would subsequently have panned out differently had the offside goal been allowed to stand.
Sterling was flagged and whistled offside and play stopped, there was no goal disallowed, no guarantee he would have scored if play continued. Kicking the ball into an empty net once play stopped doesn't mean he would have scored.

The 'keeper error for the Negredo goal was a defining moment of that season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.