Fixtures Calendar - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having a tough first away game, especially after a WC or Euros, is potentially a major disadvantage. We’ve had Arsenal, Wolves, Spurs and now West Ham

We've lost at West Ham once in 9 years, and they finished 7th in the table, how is that a tough game?

What you mean is we haven't had an easy game, that's not the same thing.

6th consecutive time we have been away 1st.
Last time we had a home game first was vs Sunderland in 2016.
It's almost as if they want to make life as awkward as possible for us.

Only by the people that are as stupid as our fans that believe it's rigged!
If some believe if it's rigged for us and some believe it's rigged against us, perhaps it isn't actually rigged at all!
Don’t believe it’s rigged. Liverpool getting a newly promoted team first game, for the 4th season running is some going. Extremely high odds for that to have happened.

No idea why people even think they’re random. It’s not a cup competition and there’s huge amounts of other ‘stuff’ to take into consideration, which dictates certain dates/fixtures and certainly disallows others. Also, I bet it’s a bloody nightmare to organise.
I think the compiler or whatever they are called needs a bonus for arranging them all. :-)

Spurs last season is the only time it's really impacted us though, and we always lose there anyway. Besides, the stronger the opposition the more likely they are to also be impacted by any summer tournaments surely?

Maybe. I guess at the very least it levels the playing field for the opposition. Still, with Haaland joining the ranks and no summer comp we should be flying high early on.

The thing is, at this stage nobody really knows what a tough or easy fixture is going to be. I'm sure Everton at home would have been picked out as a tricky one last year because its Everton and it fell straight after an international break and before a champions league game in midweek. As it was, by the time they came to us they were in the process of imploding under Benitez and we cruised to a 3-0. Conversely, Brentford as a newly promoted side would have fallen into the easy camp but they really weren't!
Exactly this. I don't expect people thought that Palace away 3 days after a carabao cup game and 4 days before a champions league game last season would prove to be a challenge........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.