Fixtures Calendar - 2023/24

So the day after we play our game in hand and pull level on games with Liverpool, they play the game they are missing because of the Carabao final and pull a game ahead again.

They haven't rearranged Chelsea's game that they miss because of the final yet though. Am I being cynical?

So the Liverpool game hasn't been announced yet. I assume they won't release anything over the weekend, so will be less than the 5 weeks now. Is this the shortest notice ever?

Surely Liverpool will be Sunday 4.30pm.

Sky will be loving it. Roy Keane, Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher and Jamie Redknapp with special guest John Aldridge.

So the day after we play our game in hand and pull level on games with Liverpool, they play the game they are missing because of the Carabao final and pull a game ahead again.

They haven't rearranged Chelsea's game that they miss because of the final yet though. Am I being cynical?
They’ll only be a game ahead of us for a few days. Carabao final is following weekend so back to same games played after that.
Chelsea v Spurs is the other game postponed due to the final. No urgency to rearrange that - neither is playing in Europe so lots of potential dates definitely available later in the season.

Correct me if I am wrong but I’ve just noticed that if City get to both the FA Cup Final and Chanpions League Final again (lets hope), then fixtures vs Brighton and Spurs away in the league get postponed. However I have only worked out one free spot midweek before the penultimate final game vs West Ham and that spot is that week (just like Brighton last season). So what would happen? If theres only room for one of them before it…

Premier League (and the broadcasters) are really taking the piss now with confirming fixtures. What they had put out as a "promise to fans" or "our commitment" or some marketing spiel like that at the start of the season was, that up to December, they'd announce games for each month 6 weeks in advance of the first game of that month, and from January onwards it'll be 5 weeks (before the first game of that month - but still that whole month would be announced by then) ... now they have started announcing JUST that first game of the month and then the rest of the month comes later ... much later ... much much later ... not everyone lives around Etihad and can just walk across at a short notice, people need to plan and book travel/hotels/leaves ... and the jokers deciding these things obviously are not affected by this so all this probably doesn't even cross their thoughts.

Yes

Premier League (and the broadcasters) are really taking the piss now with confirming fixtures. What they had put out as a "promise to fans" or "our commitment" or some marketing spiel like that at the start of the season was, that up to December, they'd announce games for each month 6 weeks in advance of the first game of that month, and from January onwards it'll be 5 weeks (before the first game of that month - but still that whole month would be announced by then) ... now they have started announcing JUST that first game of the month and then the rest of the month comes later ... much later ... much much later ... not everyone lives around Etihad and can just walk across at a short notice, people need to plan and book travel/hotels/leaves ... and the jokers deciding these things obviously are not affected by this so all this probably doesn't even cross their thoughts.
Dawlish Dave will agree with this 100% .

Correct me if I am wrong but I’ve just noticed that if City get to both the FA Cup Final and Chanpions League Final again (lets hope), then fixtures vs Brighton and Spurs away in the league get postponed. However I have only worked out one free spot midweek before the penultimate final game vs West Ham and that spot is that week (just like Brighton last season). So what would happen? If theres only room for one of them before it…
There is one more available midweek slot - 23rd/24th April. The Brighton game would presumably move to that if necessary with Spurs being played in the final midweek of the season should that also need to be rearranged.
Fingers crossed we’re still involved in all competitions then!

23/24 April possibly?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.