Fixtures Calendar - 2024/25

Does anyone think the (home) derby time will be moved forward due to the Paul McCartney gig happening at the new arena the same evening?
It will get moved to Sunday because Utd are in the Europa League the preceding Thursday. Kick off was 3.30pm last season due to GMP demands.

A third was pretty much spot on for last season.
By my calculation, 13 of our 38 PL fixtures were played at their originally scheduled times. I’ve included the opening game at Burnley as one of those as it was confirmed for Friday night as soon as the fixtures were revealed. And I’ve also included midweek games where kickoff was moved by up to 30 minutes to accommodate broadcasting requirements.

Oh for the days when it was Sky and ESPN showing live games. The fixtures came out in June. TV fixtures came out in July, giving 12 weeks, August to October. Virgin had the West Coast Line showing 12 weeks of advanced fares enabling cheaper trains and Hotels.
Then along came BT............

Oh for the days when it was Sky and ESPN showing live games. The fixtures came out in June. TV fixtures came out in July, giving 12 weeks, August to October. Virgin had the West Coast Line showing 12 weeks of advanced fares enabling cheaper trains and Hotels.
Then along came BT............

Even when they do release the first batch of TV games, most of them are probably going to be subject to change until after the UEFA draws on 29th August.

But I don’t see any reason why it takes them so long to release the TV games for weeks 2 and 3, before the first international break?

They could quite easily have that sorted and released on the same day as the fixtures are announced, as they do with week 1 games.

The current PL champions should always play the first game at home was that once a thing

The current PL champions should always play the first game at home was that once a thing
This myth seems to get brought up every 12 months.
Someone took a detailed look at it here a couple of years ago - until around 2015, it was pretty much a 50/50 split in terms of the champions beginning at home or away since the onset of the PL era. That’s been skewed a little since then as a result of us requesting to be away on the opening weekend of most seasons to allow the pitch more time to recover from summer concerts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.